Metro Smallie Report 6-25-2005

• asdfasdf

First of all who would have thought that I would break the 20 inch mark on a Metro Lake for Smallmouth. I’ve fished smallies about as hard as anyone over the last 3 years.

I have never broken the elusive 20 and finally got that monkey off of my back. I worked Sweet Beavers by Reaction Innovations about as slow as you could presentation wise. I saw a few fish sight fishing but could find no takers. I finally was able to connect on a few fish including my personal best. After that I had to move out as pleasure boaters were running right over the top of a shallow gravel/rocky area that I was working

Oh well it’s to be expected when fishing on a Metro Lake

Caught a few LM, but nothing special. I had to go get a few after that fish. I released her and once I got back to the boat launch later on in the evening I had heard someone talking about a 4lb fish they stuck. Not sure it was quite 4lbs at 18 inches, but still they kept it.

Other than hearing that bad news all in all it was a greeeeeeeeeeat day

-Mike

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi Mike,
    NOW that IS one GREAT Smallie. way to GO.
    keep them pics a coming. Jack..

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Congrats!!! Very nice Smallie.
    Thanks, Bill

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Mack called me today after catching that fish…MAN WAS HE EXCITED, and from these pics I can see why. Way to go BUD!!!!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Great job. Those are some nice metro fish.

Ron

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Way to go Mack

Nice fish! There are quite a few of those where you are heading in a few weeks. I got your message when I got home from the pond last night. Sounds good, I will get in touch with you.

Beauty Mack!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Good fish! He’s so pretty I would have a hard time using him for bait…

Congrats Mack!

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Nice pictures and congrats.

Can you tell us what lake/river you aught these on?
    thanks,

smallieboy

Dude, that thing is TINY. I’ve caught bigger smallies than that off of my parent’s dock.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Dude, that thing is TINY. I’ve caught bigger smallies than that off of my parent’s dock.

Thats great smallieboy, but its a nice fish and his first over 20 inches, so instead of ripping him try being nice. I have eyes over 12 pounds but will not say a bad word about people that post eyes under that weight. We are here to support fellow anglers.

Mack great fish.

Ron

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Slider…

don’t worry about SmallieBoy, he works w/mack and I think Mack put him in a full nelson for that comment…

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

OK, sometimes you just don’t know if a person is serious or joking. Sorry smallieboy.

Ron

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Which one is he?

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Which one is he?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.