Indy muskies

• BigDaddyEE

If you’re looking for a little musky action, Indy is putting out a few fish right now. I was on the lake for a couple of hours on Saturday morning and boated a nice little 37″ fish on a Weagle, and followed that up with a very healthy and fat 43″ fish tonight on the same lure. The biggest tip I can offer is to fish shallow (2-4 feet) and don’t be afraid to throw right up next to shore every now and again…the fish are sitting in very shallow water right now and can be had with a little patience.

I’ll be out again on Wednesday evening in a black Crestliner…say hello if you’re out and about.

Eric

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

hey Big_Daddy_EE,

do you ever fish Lake Rebecca for the Muskies ?

BigDaddyEE

I’ve never fished it, but know a few guys who have pulled a fish or two out of there. I’ve never heard of anything real big coming from that lake though….

What’s the story…I’m always interested in new water.

Eric

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Several years ago when I lived in Rockford, I would put in there (no gas motors allowed) and troll the weed line with HJ’s and jointed floating rapalas pulling Walleyes and LM bass…until one time I pulled out a 37 inch muskie…not really a huge fish (for a muskie) but I thought that I would investigate further only to find that there was an organization taking Muskies out of Rebecca and stocking other lakes with them and that there were some real brutes in there…I never caught any but, that was the info I got..

I’m not sure what it’s like now but that was 20 years ago…and at that time when i left the water levels were really dropping and the park landing was really getting weed choked…let me know if you ever decide to go there and how you do…it sure was a nice lake to fish !!

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Lake Rebecca is used as a brood pond for most of the Muskies that are stocked here in the Twin Cities. Muskies Inc. in conjunction with the DNR electroshocks and strips fish out there every spring. I had fished it a few times before joining Muskies Inc.. Now I kind of consider it holy water. I believe it should be closed to Musky angling since most of the big girls out there don’t need to be exposed to the risk of a bad hook-up. There are quite of few high 40’s low 50’s brutes that swim out there, and each one of those fish could be responsible for thousands of fry, fry that could ensure the future of our sport here in the metro. I am not trying to preach, even my fishing partner MUSKIES thinks I am a little over the top for not wanting to chase fish out there. The thing is there are so many other lakes to choose from, why not just leave that one alone.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.