Lake Waconia Theft – Stolen Fish House

• ejmccalla

I know I’m a trusting idiot, but I left my canvas craft insulated otter magnum fish house in the back of my truck while I went out fishing for 3 hours tonight. When I got back it was gone. This was at the landing just off of 155 and 92. Just a heads up to other sportsmen who use this same landing and maybe get a little too trusting at times.

If you’re the person who took it and have recently grown a conscience, feel free to drop it off anytime in the very same truck bed you took it out of.

BMarshall17

Man that sucks that theres still “those” people out there!!

topper with a lock, cheap insurence…

walinutz
    Cologne, MN

that sucks!!!!
    post a pic I fish Waco all the time.

every year there are thefts on the lake.

ejmccalla

Not much I can add to provide ID. There are a couple tears in the skirt on the side which faces the front of the sled and I mounted a battery holder which sits beneath a seat at the front of the sled. The tent is the one made by Canvas Craft. It’s plain black outer with an off-white interior.

I mostly posted this to let everyone know that it happened. I have no false hope of getting this house back. This just snapped me back to reality. Before I replace this house, I’ll be looking to buy a topper for my truck. This won’t stop everyone, but I feel it would have stopped this occurrence. Anyone selling a topper that would fit a ’09 Chevy 1500 6’6″ bed?

I also have my permanent out on Waconia. It’s the unique green one sitting out on Andersen’s reef. Feel free to stop in and we can exchange notes.

jasonlem
    New Prague

Yeah people suck sorry to hear. Should spray paint it pink sticks out and then would be easy to spot! At least it’s not $5000.00 worth of stuff like I had taken from me two years ago on Mille Lacs. Yes I was to trusting also but Nobody should be going through somebody’s truck without permission.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.