Waconia Eyes

• grainbelteyes
    Waconia

This past week on Waconia has been putting out some good size walleyes. Most fish are at dusk or thereafter on crankbaits (casting and trolling) in the shallows 1-4 feet. Surface temps started the week at 65 up to near 70 by weekend. I believe the warm weather has the fish thinking June patterns all ready so this shallow bite might start to fade or the feeding windows start to change up. Some wind also helps this shallow pattern. Good luck out there!!! Heading to Mille Lacs for the next week for the MWC…

bendvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

Nate,
    Nice walleye’s on a metro lake. I did not know there were that nice of quality fish there. Are you targeting rocks or weed edges?

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Nice fish and report!!

walinutz
    Cologne, MN

Nice fish!

This year is no match for last year, but we are getting a few as well

grainbelteyes
    Waconia

Rock/gravel areas. One key is the presence of perch. Prior to dark if your getting perch you will have walleyes close behind…I think the deep weedlines will be start soon and willbe hitting them next time out in early june……

walinutz
    Cologne, MN

If you checked out my son’s walleye(on another post), that fish was caught bobber fishing the deep weed lines. Perch were very abundant!

I’ll be out Monday night….look me up. I’ll have 4 in my boat…can’t miss us

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.