Nokomis?

• tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Anybody having any luck on Nokomis? It is close to my house so I head out there quite a bit just to get out, but this year has been super slow. Last year I could go to 14′ any day and catch little fish non-stop just for kicks. This year (armed with much more electronics) I have only caught a couple tiny perch in 4′, a sunny below one of the docks in the middle, and have been skunked a few days.

What gives?

ggoody
    Mpls MN

That’s Nokomis for ya… it’s defintely the weakest sister as far as the City lakes go IMO. There are days when you can’t even get the dinky perch and Crappies to bite.

For anybody venturing out, Nokomis has between 0 “open water” and 8 inches of ice so be careful please!

troutbum
    St. Paul

Agree with all points above.
    Check out Bucksnort bar for some good panfishing on Willow.
    Easy on, easy off.
    Bucksnort has great owners and killer grub.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

What is this Bucksnort place you speak of?

Moores Bait

Back in the hunt yesterday for the first time, and it was good to be on point. Had the pleasure of fishing with Flaco651 for the day and after a bit of searching we found some crappies and those well sought after metro jumbo perch. First we tried “Pugs point” with nothing to show for it, but once we moved into 14-20 fow we found the crappies both on the bottom and suspended at about ten feet. The bait of choice was jigging waxies but we did have a few hits on the crappie minnows we had out also. It was a fabulous day out there, and now that spring is hear hope to do it again soon. As for ice, we measured 12 inches everytime we drilled a hole but not to take away from being carful out there.

Thanks again Ryan, hope to see you soon…..

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Did I miss a call yesterday?

Pugs point? That’s Bob’s point. You have to fish it with heavy gear because the beast that resides there is big and won’t bother with an icefly unless a 1# sunfish is attached.

tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

Quote:

Back in the hunt yesterday for the first time, and it was good to be on point. Had the pleasure of fishing with Flaco651 for the day and after a bit of searching we found some crappies and those well sought after metro jumbo perch. First we tried “Pugs point” with nothing to show for it, but once we moved into 14-20 fow we found the crappies both on the bottom and suspended at about ten feet. The bait of choice was jigging waxies but we did have a few hits on the crappie minnows we had out also. It was a fabulous day out there, and now that spring is hear hope to do it again soon. As for ice, we measured 12 inches everytime we drilled a hole but not to take away from being carful out there.

Thanks again Ryan, hope to see you soon…..

Hey Bob, when we goin fishin? I don’t mind drillin holes so pick a spot and lets get on some fish.
    -Dan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.