Waconia Multi Species

• grainbelteyes
    Waconia

Hit Waconia for some Bass action awaiting the Walleye bite. Bucketmouths were caught shallow on worms and cranks… Walts started up again about dark eating cranksbaits as well… Lots of bugs and a tornado warning but the fishing should continue to improve for both species… water was 62 degrees… have a great Memorial Weekend!

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

nice work out there. how busy was the lake. With it being opener and the forecasted wind I decided to hit a smaller lake but waconia was the initial plan.

What was the water temps?

nice job out there!

Scott26

You did by chance have a boat troll past you playing some country music last night…… And no that wasn’t me. will be out again night.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Great looking fish, nice job.

Jack

grainbelteyes
    Waconia

Water was 62… no country music boats passed by. good luck out there…

walinutz
    Cologne, MN

Nicely done!!

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Very nice fish.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Nice report again. I was out on waconia two days ago and boy was it blowing. We got some bass but with the wind blwoing the way it was we couldn’t fish all the areas we wanted to. Water temps in the 62-64 range.

vern
    Richfield, MN

Dan, which launch did you use? Just curious because the public lunch looked brutal & I didn’t see any boat trailers in the lot. I’m guessing In-Towne? That was some crazy wind!! Anyone else fish it on Tuesday? I drove down but decided not to fish.

Thanks, Vern

walinutz
    Cologne, MN

Waves were crashing over the docks on Tuesday. Public launch was un usable.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Sorry Vern for the late reply. We usd the access on the east side of the lake, the main access. We considered going to the marine access but since I didn’t have any $$ on my, I thought I would stick with what i knew.

grainbelteyes
    Waconia

Got back out to Waconia after a 2 week deferral to Mille Lacs and LQP… water temp was 69 degrees up 10 degrees from last trip end of May. Found fish on emerging weed beds willing to eat crankbaits in 10 feet or less. A few walleyes are still showing up. Have not switched to livebait yet, but would think the nightcrawler/spinner bite would be going soon… biggest bass was 19″.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.