Eyes and Cats

• fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Here is a little report from Wissota.

Catfish are HOT right now, and can be taken by pretty much anything you throw at them. The big ones are there, but the fiddlers will keep you busy! Using mainly crawlers for them the other night gave consistent action. I will be spending a little more time targeting them in the coming weeks.

Did a multi species guide trip in the down pour this morning. It rained on and off all morning. We found the eyes on the weedbeds, jig and a leech was the ticket this morning. Got enough for a decent meal.

No overs this morning, and one 17″ slot fish. One incidental fiddler cat as well.

We chased some smallmouth to finish out the day. The conditions on the lake were getting worse, but Jack managed to produce this little scrapper on the Mimic Minnow.

The guys had a great time despite the conditions. Fish cleaned and delivered. I am glad to be home and dry. Now I am ready to take a nap.

Looks like decent weather for the upcoming week. Can’t wait to get back out on the water!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice report and photos!

Quote:

Catfish are HOT right now

Judging by the posts in the cat forum, they seem to be going good all over!

Taking a kid fishing is what it’s all about!!

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

Great pics Chris! Good job on the mixed bag.

–Whitey

fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Thanks Whitey! We’ll have to go hit Wissota when you come to town in a few weeks!

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

I am counting the days man!

–Whitey

fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

What a BEAUTIFUL night!!! No wind, upper 70’s, not much for recreational traffic, calm water…Did I mention hungry walleyes? 19 boated total from 6 pm til dark. Also 5 rock bass and 2 bluegills. One bluegill right around 10 pm..weird, but not unheard of. Trolled for the first two hours, and boated one measly shaker. I changed up and started pitching jigs along the shoreline..BAM! I couldn’t ask for a more beautiful night, I really did not want it to end!

fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Out last night for a little more of the same. First fish of the day caught by my 9 year old daughter Audrey, a 30″ pig northern! What a thrill for a 9 year old girl. She almost teared up!

Walleyes were still biting, didn’t seem to be a preference between leeches and crawlers, but the fish we caught last night ran bigger than Sunday night. Many slot fish, but nothing over. Biggest 16 1/2″. Fun night all together with a few incidental nice gills in the mix. Maybe back out tomorrow night. These beautiful nights on Lake Wissota never get old

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.