Winnie Fishing Update 8/17 – 8/23

• crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

My wife’s extended family stays at Northland Lodge every year in August. We were up there this past week. I was very pleasantly surprised by the fishing, both numbers and quality. There is a nice little algae bloom so the water has a nice color and the eater size walleyes were in pretty shallow water and hungry! Hammered gold spinner, single hook harness and a 1/2 crawler put walleyes and some unexpected jumbo perch in the boat for us. 1.1 to 1.2 mph. 9-11 FOW was our best depth. Also had good success pulling #7 Shad Raps in 10-12 FOW.
    We easily caught enough fish for a giant fish fry on Thursday afternoon for 17 people. We brought some big perch into the Gosh Dam on Sunday night and had them fry them up for dinner. Delicious!!
    Brought home a 4 person limit of walleyes and about 25 jumbo perch. Also caught enough pike to put together one heck of a nice batch of my wife’s pickled pike!

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Nice report!!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

frown Winnie… the lake I should’ve been there yesterday! doah doah

Sweet report! waytogo

Netguy
    Minnetonka

My daughter and I will be in that area in September and will definitely be fishing Winnie one day.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

We do a annual Fall Leech lake trip with a group of guys. May have to take a side trip to Winnie one day

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.