Winchester SX4

• Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Anyone have any reviews on these? Looking at adding a nice all around shotgun that can take 2 3/4 target loads all the way up to 3 1/2 steel. Mainly would be used for ducks and pheasants.

tornadochaser

It’s pretty much the same as the Super X3, but with some MIM and plastic where parts used to be machined to keep costs down. I know a guy that demo’d one in Arkansas on a sponsored snow goose hunt and everyone seemed to like it; which makes sense, the gas system used has been around since the browning gold came out in the late 90’s.

realtreeap10
    Over there

I shot one awhile ago as I was looking for a new shotgun. Previous experience with the SX3 and enjoyed that one so figured why not go to the SX4. Then I stopped by a different booth, test and shoot event, and shot the Weatherby 18i and fell in love with it. Gas vs inertia are different I realize but I was happy dropping clays no problem with the 18i. I don’t believe it can handle 3 1/2″ shells but I mainly used those for goose hunting which has become limited in my recent years. Either gun is a great gun to use just offering my thoughts.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

I have two SX3’s and have a few friends with SX3’s and SX4’s. I have no complaints with either of mine and have not heard of any issues with theirs. Reed’s in Walker usually has good prices on them too.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I bought one in 2020 and really like it. I suppose I hunted with it 6-8 times this past fall. It shoots great, looks good, is relatively easy to clean, and I’ve had zero issues. Watch for Reed’s sale in the late summer/early fall to get the best price.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Great feedback guys! I would love to wait tell fall but they are still flying off the shelf. I would go with reeds if they were closer to the cities. I would hate to have to add shipping and a transfer fee on a good deal. Is it more of a gun where you float the bird or do you have to cover the bird?

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Got lucky and snagged one at fleet farm. Just got one today.

Opie
    Coon Rapids, MN

Not sure about the SX4, but I bought an SX3 Trap in 2018 and absolutely love it. One of the best trap guns I have shot for the money.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.