Will people start dumping their toys soon?

• sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>3rdtryguy wrote:</div>
    nd anybody on unemployment right now is probably making what they did working with the extra $600 tax free bump they all got.

I’d love to know how you came up with this. In MN, unemployment is a percentage of your wage AND that is only up to a maximum of just over $700 a week. Yes, you may be eligible for the additional payment of $600, but that’s a one time deal.

All kinds of urban legends flying around now on Facebook about how some people are “making more on unemployment than they did working”. BS. Not in MN they ain’t.

Grouse

Hate to say but your not correct on this one.
    I am watching my daughter, college kid. Who was working part time in childcare, get layed off. She now is making 800+ a week, that comes to 44,000 a year till July 31. It is supposed to end then but I am hearing that this may continue after that.
    She lives with me in Mn.

We need an emoji that is throwing money around, just print more..
    Ron

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Sorry Grouse we replied at the same time

Jason

I personaly know a bunch of MN people that are pretty happy with the approx $1230 take home pay after taxes that they are getting from unemployment insurance. (740+600=1340-taxes = approx $1230)
    Hell there are people calling in sick to milk the 14 days of free bennies while they are in quaritien even if their perfectly healthy. Until the extra $600 goes away there are going to be a fair amount of people sitting a-ok so I wouldn’t expect too many deals. Give it another 6-8 weeks and see what deals pop up.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I bought a bass boat in 2009 after the economy crashed. It was an absolute steal of a deal.

It was licensed in Tennessee, owned initially by the BOA in Atlanta, sold at a repo auction somewhere, and ended up at a dealer in Ozark, Arkansas. I found the boat on eBay and contacted the dealer privately. Few days later after I had secured financing, it was driven up to my driveway for $500 cash, and the bill of sale was then completed.

If the economy doesn’t improve soon, many more deals like this will be available.

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.