Will people start dumping their toys soon?

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>
    Depends on the longevity and impact of the shut downs. If anyone has a newish full windshield Pro-V 1875 and needs some help please reach out!

Here I will borrow you the payment as long as you pay me back.

Thanks!!!! Hahaha those are appreciating so fast I should be able to buy new in a month or so 😜🤦‍♂️

dbright
    Cambridge

I’m holding on to all my toys but the brunette on the couch next to me might be available after all this is over😁.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m holding on to all my toys but the brunette on the couch next to me might be available after all this is over😁.

Keep talkin’ like that and we will be buying your toys from her. whistling

Dan
    Southeast MN

Was it Dave Ramsey?

I kind of think so, I think he has a Q&A column in the Rochester paper every weekend (I’m a 35-year-old “millennial” and still love reading the paper-it’s the way I was raised).

Yeah 15-year-mortgage sounds great, but so does paying cash for a house and paying zero interest ever…neither will happen for me. Great advice, but I think it’s socially acceptable and reasonable to have a 30-year mortgage.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

The wife and I just refinanced to a 15 year. The bank that purchased our mortgage offers payments every 2 weeks too which brings it down to 13 years. Will be paid off when I’m 51 god willing. We have been conservative with our money which helps but have had some lucky breaks along the way too. This time of year the wife and I usually get an influx of money and we were discussing what to do with it this time around. I thought about a new toy but we decided instead to pay off some of our debt and, to dutch’s point earlier, keep some cash in the kitty in case this virus puts the economy in the tank. Maybe a new toy next year we will see. I enjoy getting rid of debt myself though. Hate owing money

Ripjiggen

Heres the catch…. if you are a single guy, married with no kids, divorced then it’s on you to spend / borrow what you want. My opinion is if you are responsible for kids, either married or divorced you have a obligation to secure their future before yours. Just because that beer fueled hook up resulted in a kid doesn’t mean you are off the hook. wink

Exact reason I had to get a newer bigger boat. My kid always wants to go fishing. I mean who is is going to help him secure his future in my older smaller boat. Doing it for the kids lol

deertracker

Heres the catch…. if you are a single guy, married with no kids, divorced then it’s on you to spend / borrow what you want. My opinion is if you are responsible for kids, either married or divorced you have a obligation to secure their future before yours. Just because that beer fueled hook up resulted in a kid doesn’t mean you are off the hook. wink

Stupid comment of the thread award goes to Dutch. Put the award on a shelf with your others.
    DT

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Which part DT, seems to have struck a nerve.

deertracker

Because I’m divorced with kids I can’t enjoy my life as well and take out a loan for a boat. Tell me how I’m not taking care of my kids by doing this. Your last sentence put it over the top. Jumping to some pretty big conclusions.
    DT

MNBOWHUNTIN

I’ve been getting the itch for another fish house after selling the skid house. Looking at some Yetti’s and they seem pretty reasonable. Can get into a 6.5/8×16 toy hauler for 12-14k. Thats a good 10-12k off a brand new one.
    Not sure if those are priced like that because ice season is pretty much over or has anything to do with the virus.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I’ve been getting the itch for another fish house after selling the skid house. Looking at some Yetti’s and they seem pretty reasonable. Can get into a 6.5/8×16 toy hauler for 12-14k. Thats a good 10-12k off a brand new one.
    Not sure if those are priced like that because ice season is pretty much over or has anything to do with the virus.

Where u seeing those prices?

Tim

I don’t want to say this time is different, but it may be. Banks and institutions are much more capitalized compared to the financial crisis. Right now this is not a fundamentally driven market downturn nor a credit crisis. I hope and believe the banks will work more with lenders regarding payment plans and furloughed payments. I believe we will be in this for awhile and it will hurt many financially, but I also believe we will have a quicker rebound once we see the light.

MNdrifter

Oh boy! Got my eye on my next toy! Who wants the first ride after the Big Rona’s gone? Walleyestudent, EPG, Iowaboy, we could roll up to the next IDO get together in phat city!

Attachments:
    1. A7E719B0-2CBF-4C57-86B4-A405D59C7C43.png

Iowaboy1

Oh boy! Got my eye on my next toy! Who wants the first ride after the Big Rona’s gone? Walleyestudent, EPG, Iowaboy, we could roll up to the next IDO get together in phat city!

that would be neat for cruising the block !
    I am waiting for this bad boy to come up for sale!!
    been a while since I have tuned an Allison or Rolls Royce and this would give me a chance to catch back up.
    suppose we could do any trolling with this?? lol

Attachments:
    1. bat-out-of-hell.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Sheldon I believe with a set of Wave Wackers you could backtroll effectively. grin

sji

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tom Albrecht wrote:</div>
    Was it Dave Ramsey?

I kind of think so, I think he has a Q&A column in the Rochester paper every weekend (I’m a 35-year-old “millennial” and still love reading the paper-it’s the way I was raised).

Yeah 15-year-mortgage sounds great, but so does paying cash for a house and paying zero interest ever…neither will happen for me. Great advice, but I think it’s socially acceptable and reasonable to have a 30-year mortgage.

With today’s bank rates even a 30 year loan is attractive, and you don’t have to let it go the full thirty years. Others will remember this as well, when I started my business and bought my first house rates where 18 percent. Yes, 18 percent! People where getting 10 percent on savings accounts, close 12 percent on CDs. Made a promise to myself someday I would have a very large savings account and get interest on it…. I do have that savings account and what do I get on it? moon

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

One of the worlds great mysteries. How as consumers can we allow these banks to pay no interest on a savings account? We would be better off going to Vegas 3 times a year and spinning the wheel or rolling the dice.

MNdrifter

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dan wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tom Albrecht wrote:</div>
    Was it Dave Ramsey?

With today’s bank rates even a 30 year loan is attractive, and you don’t have to let it go the full thirty years. Others will remember this as well, when I started my business and bought my first house rates where 18 percent. Yes, 18 percent! People where getting 10 percent on savings accounts, close 12 percent on CDs. Made a promise to myself someday I would have a very large savings account and get interest on it…. I do have that savings account and what do I get on it? moon

Dad bought the farm on contract for deed and his initial herd of dairy cattle. 19% interest. He was floored when I bought my first house and it was 6 1/8%.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

When my mom many, many years ago passed away, my daughter (the oldest grandchild) received her small monthly pension payment. It was $69 a month I think for 3 years. We bought a cd everytime her savings got to $500. Some of her cd’s were paying from 13 to 14.75 percent. Those cd’s paid her college tuition.
    My 1st car loan was 18%.
    When I told my kids that, when they started buying cars, houses, etc. they said I was crazy that it couldn’t possibly be that high.

Iowaboy1

Sheldon I believe with a set of Wave Wackers you could backtroll effectively. grin

not the trolling I was thinking of Ducth!!
    more along the lines of cruising the beaches and see if any ladies wanted a ride,,,,,,,,,

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

iowaboy1 –
    I have a Mr. Microphone.
    “hey baby, i’ll be back to pick you you later” waytogo

Iowaboy1

iowaboy1 –
    I have a Mr. Microphone.
    “hey baby, i’ll be back to pick you you later” waytogo

oh dear lord,thats all I would need,about the time I would belt that out you would fart over the dang thing and turn em all off. toast

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

This was posted almost a month ago when the world was a different place – anyone noticing anything significant yet?

Deuces

Same ol same, people thinking their 20 yr old boats are worth more than they are

BigWerm
    SW Metro

anyone noticing anything significant yet?

I’ve seen a few boats posted for less than normal (imo a fair price), but there’s still plenty of buyers as they sell quick.

Ice Cap

the brunette on the couch next to me might be available after all this is over😁.

Pic?? coffee

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.