Will Coronavirus Prevent You From Travelling?

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Kinda a formality at this point…. but it’s officially declared a pandemic

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Health experts – this is a serious issue and hospitals are ill prepared to handle it

Trump – nothing to see here. go outside and spend spend spend until November

Trump fan – media is all fake and there is only one source of truth – our leader

citizen with common sense – if we are going to operate business as usual Mr. Trump wont that slow down the containment efforts of this virus and potentially put more people at risk?

Trump – If i don’t get re-elected you have bigger problems to worry about

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Health experts: “this is a serious issue and hospitals are ill prepared to handle it”
    Trump: “nothing to see here. go outside and spend spend spend until November”

whatever

Back to original topic. Yes, as of now I would not fly anywhere. All of my customers have shut down travel and many are now pushing for home officing.
    My wife’s company just did the same saving her a trip this week. Like everyone else I am curious to see how far this goes. Nobody really knows.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heading to the Czech republic in August….. No plan change as of right now, but who knows in 5 months?? We may not have a choice but to cancel similar to Italy.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Health experts – this is a serious issue and hospitals are ill prepared to handle it

Trump fan – media is all fake and there is only one source of truth – our leader

citizen with common sense – if we are going to operate business as usual Mr. Trump wont that slow down the containment efforts of this virus and potentially put more people at risk?

You got all the facts don’t you Crappie. Get a clue, you have spread more wrong info that right since this started. doah

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

You got all the facts don’t you Crappie. Get a clue, you have spread more wrong info that right since this started. doah

I dont recall stating any facts in this thread just my opinion. Which puts me in line with what everyone else here is doing.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>sticker wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

I dont recall stating any facts in this thread just my opinion. Which puts me in line with what everyone else here is doing.

We get it. You hate the President of OUR country. Many of us are not only tired of hearing about it but offended. But feel free to keep it up as that is your “right”…….

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Rochester, MN now has a case as well. Maybe travelling would be the best option – to get out of the country until the peak spread wears off? There’s got to be a remote fly-in place in Ontario that’d serve as a nice long term hideout

https://kttc.com/2020/03/11/

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Maybe travelling would be the best option – to get out of the country until the peak spread wears off? There’s got to be a remote fly-in place in Ontario that’d serve as a nice long term hideout

Get in your car and head west to the dakotas! Its desolate, barren, and there’s a lot of open space without people!

lindyrig79

Golden State Warriors set to play first NBA game without fans.

Now that’s getting to some crazy stuff!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Get in your car and head west to the dakotas! Its desolate, barren, and there’s a lot of open space without people!

South Dakota has its first cases and also a death related to this.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

University of Minnesota campuses have extended their spring breaks and when they resume will be online until April 1.

I guess there were 2 students who recently traveled to Europe and had close contact with an infected person there.

Deuces

Upon further thunk thank thinking, I’m grateful for this pandemic. You’re right, grateful.

I’m of the thought the human race at some point will face another nasty pandemic. In context just for numbers the Spanish flu of 1918-1919 if adjusted for population growth would’ve taken out 200-400 million people today. This current Corona is nothing compared to that, nothing. But it’s something, it’s something that will give government, and the medical fields ample data on modern day worldwide sicknesses and will help us be much better prepared for when the nasty one shows up, who knows when.

That’s as glass half full as I can get. Got to go rob this ol granny now with a big bag of TP at the bus stop….

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

This current Corona is nothing compared to that, nothing. But it’s something, it’s something that will give government, and the medical fields ample data on modern day worldwide sicknesses and will help us be much better prepared for when the nasty one shows up, who knows when.

I agree with you for sure. The problem is that time and time again our government has a very short memory and these proposed actions fall to the wayside until the next one.

It’s literally up to us to pressure our elected officials to do something because all they’re worried about is the next election.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Boy, I tell ya, if this thing starts going around Capitol Hill, our elected leaders might be in trouble. Trump, McConnell, Pelosi, Sanders, and Biden are all pushing 80 years old!

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

God forbid we lose a bunch of worthless grifters…(both sides of the aisle)

Reef W

Many of us are not only tired of hearing about it but offended.

sounds kind of snowflakey to me coffee

eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

Boy, I tell ya, if this thing starts going around Capitol Hill, our elected leaders might be in trouble. Trump, McConnell, Pelosi, Sanders, and Biden are all pushing 80 years old!

Now that would bring’s Drain The Swamp to a whole new level!

Deuces

Now that would bring’s Drain The Swamp to a whole new level!

I don’t wish death upon any persons, but that $hit is funny right there!

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Well i guess if you were going to the NCAA b-ball tournament that your plans are going to be cancelled! Let the panic begin

Ice Cap

Well if you expect governments to save us from all this or you want to blame someone or a government I’d say start with the Chinese government. It’s seems to be where all these animal to human transfer viruses originate from. One of the earliest reports I read said this originated in one of the open wet markets in Wuhan.

These markets are ground zero breeding ground for these viruses. Live animals on display crapping everywhere right next to the raw fish and seafood, fruits and vegetables. Plus people are a$$ hole to elbow handling everything. Then when a live chicken or some other animal is chosen by the shopper it is slaughtered right on the spot. It’s the Chinese Asian culture. That’s not going to change and neither are the eruptions of these types of viruses.

The U.S. is better prepared to deal with this than anywhere else in the world. Be happy you are here.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I was supposed to attend two major conferences (Society of Toxicology/ToxExpo in Annaheim next week and American Association of Cancer Research in SanDiego in late April). Both conferences have been cancelled… The SOT meeting is usually attended by about 10,000 people and the AACR meeting is twice that size. Many companies and research centers are implementing travel bans so no real sense in holding the conferences.

I do think this is blown a bit out of proportion… I’ve looked at the data and various ‘forecasts’… Yes, this is a bad little bug but come on… more people will be hurt by the reaction than by the bug itself, in my opinion.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Well if you expect governments to save us from all this or you want to blame someone or a government I’d say start with the Chinese government. It’s seems to be where all these animal to human transfer viruses originate from. One of the earliest reports I read said this originated in one of the open wet markets in Wuhan.

These markets are ground zero breeding ground for these viruses. Live animals on display crapping everywhere right next to the raw fish and seafood, fruits and vegetables. Plus people are a$$ hole to elbow handling everything. Then when a live chicken or some other animal is chosen by the shopper it is slaughtered right on the spot. It’s the Chinese Asian culture. That’s not going to change and neither are the eruptions of these types of viruses.

The U.S. is better prepared to deal with this than anywhere else in the world. Be happy you are here.

shock

reddog

Heading to Lake Winnipeg on Sunday for a week. Wont stop me..

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Hey Suzuki, I absolutely hate trump. I will always hate him. He’s a frickin moron. Did I hurt your feel bads? Good.

lindyrig79

What exactly would you guys like the President to do or say to please you?? This is a natural disaster and we all know if there was a tolerant liberal in charge this sh/t would be way worse as they would have left the borders open longer.

The President shut down flights from China WAY earlier than most would (and took tons of heat for it) you should be glad he did.

The Never-Trumpers are at the rotten core of America right now. You’d rather see America fail and suffer just get get him out of office at all costs. Sick.

lindyrig79

Amen.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

What exactly would you guys like the President to do or say to please you?? This is a natural disaster and we all know if there was a tolerant liberal in charge this sh/t would be way worse as they would have left the borders open longer.

The President shut down flights from China WAY earlier than most would (and took tons of heat for it) you should be glad he did.

The Never-Trumpers are at the rotten core of America right now. You’d rather see America fail and suffer just get get him out of office at all costs. Sick.

This is complete BS, no one wants the country to fail or people to suffer.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Self quarantining is the best answer. That’s prepared? Ain’t going to do that. I will wash my hands after I use tp.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Hey Suzuki, I absolutely hate trump. I will always hate him. He’s a frickin moron. Did I hurt your feel bads? Good.

waytogo

I will double down on this

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 269 total)

The topic ‘Will Coronavirus Prevent You From Travelling?’ is closed to new replies.