Will Coronavirus Prevent You From Travelling?

• Dan
    Southeast MN

Cancer is commonly an end of life disease. You CAN’T give me cancer.

I think that’s a notion people are missing on this one here. I’m not trying to be overly dramatic but the fact is that this thing does keep spreading, and some type of medical/disease control intervention will likely be needed to stop it, whether it be by prevention or quarantine of those infected. As gill mentioned, I can’t catch cancer from someone, car accidents aren’t contagious, etc. But this deal spreading around the world probably requires a little more effort than mocking and bitching about it on the internet.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

POTUS and Some Lawmakers: “Nothing to worry about here – Media Hype”

…as they enjoy their fully funded medical insurance with some of the greatest doctors in the world and some head for fully-paid self quarantines

F Them.

They’re hypocritical cowards. Their retirement, health, career, investments, etc aren’t at stake whether this is all hype causing market chaos or something very serious. Although I don’t think this is some devastating pandemic that we look back on decades from now, these maneuvers show how quickly some of our elected officials would jump ship on the masses of US Citizens who elected them without hesitation.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I see quotes, I need a source.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Animal instinct:
    A-Our mind is fast, instinctive and emotional.
    B-We react slow, deliberate and logical
    A- Is far more influential it guides and steers our rational thoughts.
    Reaction from A informs and effects the answer to B

coffee

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Cruise Ships no , flying no. Recommended for elderly by doctors ,avoid large crowds . Maybe just go fishing then , unless your in a big tournament shock

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I see quotes, I need a source.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/02/28/trump-hold-south-carolina-rally-before-democratic-primary-election/4887015002/

The POTUS literally called it a “new hoax” at a political rally. Then he backpedaled rapidly to the point where he signed over $8 billion in efforts to fund the prevention of a hoax’s spread. You cannot fix stupid. Same goes for every lawmaker who is taking a “voluntary quarantine” to hide from a “hoax”. They’re the biggest hypocrites of all who would throw the American public to the wolves as fast as they could if it meant maintaining political support or $$$. Only sheep would support ANY of them regardless of party.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Trump is probably more worried about the stock market and the economy than the spread of the virus because the health of the economy will play a big role if he is able to get re-elected in November. Listen to what the CDC and other health officials are saying, not him.

DTW

Calm down. More kids will get an std on spring break this week than people getting the corona virus during the same time So overly hyped.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

well, apparently the corona has hit prescott wi. i go down to the Meyer faculity in Hagar city. they wont let me or any outside vendor or corporate people in the plant at the moment.

i guess according to the plant manager, there closing 2 schools in prescot to thoroughly clean!!!!!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The POTUS literally called it a “new hoax” at a political rally.

Snopes

What’s False
    Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

The POTUS literally called it a “new hoax” at a political rally. Then he backpedaled rapidly to the point where he signed over $8 billion in efforts to fund the prevention of a hoax’s spread. You cannot fix stupid. Same goes for every lawmaker who is taking a “voluntary quarantine” to hide from a “hoax”. They’re the biggest hypocrites of all who would throw the American public to the wolves as fast as they could if it meant maintaining political support or $$$. Only sheep would support ANY of them regardless of party.

Totally out of context and sounds like you are just repeating liberal talking points, which only make the problem worse during times like this. The President was referring to the hoax in terms that the left and democrats were blaming him for Coronavirus and using it as a political tool rather than helping. Sick really.

phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

Might be better if it spreads quickly to get through the panic phase quicker and end the quarantines that are sure to come.

no. a quick spread could and probably will have catastrophic consequences on the health care service.
    A slow spread would spread out the extra stress to health care services.

but the flu, maaaaan.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

Totally out of context and sounds like you are just repeating liberal talking points, which only make the problem worse during times like this. The President was referring to the hoax in terms that the left and democrats were blaming him for Coronavirus and using it as a political tool rather than helping. Sick really.

the president has also said anyone that wants to get tested can right now which isn’t true and has suggested that through “a hunch”, and possibly his own natural medical ability (whatever that means) that the CDC statistics are wrong. during a time where an event has the potential to impact the lives and health of all Americans he needs to stop playing politics and let the medical professionals do their job. Hes clearly incapable of interjecting himself and only cares about the stock market. I know not to listen to him on matters like this, unfortunately i think there are a lot of people in this country that eat up everything he says and will resist quarantine based off him saying all is fine and nothing to worry about which would slow down the containment of the virus.

Before you jump on my back im not saying this virus IS a big threat to public health im saying it has the potential to be and more importantly its impacting the economy and our resources. My issue with Trump has more to do with him playing politics with peoples lives. He needs to shutup and allow the CDC to be the authority on this not him.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

My issue with Trump has more to do with him playing politics with peoples lives. He needs to shutup and allow the CDC to be the authority on this not him.

That is a fair criticism. The other post I replied to by someone else was just not true.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Major sporting events being canceled here in the US, St Patrick’s Day parade cancelled in Boston, concerts being cancelled, etc. Crazy times..

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Imagine if people were as reactionary over global warming as they were COVID-19 coffee yay

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Imagine if people were as reactionary over global warming as they were COVID-19 coffee yay

Maybe the 2 are connected, cow farts do funny things… doah

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

the president has also said anyone that wants to get tested can right now which isn’t true and has suggested that through “a hunch”, and possibly his own natural medical ability (whatever that means) that the CDC statistics are wrong. during a time where an event has the potential to impact the lives and health of all Americans he needs to stop playing politics and let the medical professionals do their job. Hes clearly incapable of interjecting himself and only cares about the stock market. I know not to listen to him on matters like this, unfortunately i think there are a lot of people in this country that eat up everything he says and will resist quarantine based off him saying all is fine and nothing to worry about which would slow down the containment of the virus.

Before you jump on my back im not saying this virus IS a big threat to public health im saying it has the potential to be and more importantly its impacting the economy and our resources. My issue with Trump has more to do with him playing politics with peoples lives. He needs to shutup and allow the CDC to be the authority on this not him.

Quit being so liberal. Trump’s “Hunch” is all it takes to control this thing! (heavy, heavy sarcasm intended)

The sheep population here is mighty thick. If Trump covered a turd in sprinkles and called it a doughnut, there’s a large population of posters here who would lineup for a bite. I voted for the guy…but he’s a stammering idiot when it comes to talking about anything medical or scientific.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sheeple like repeating something that many other people have…even if it is not true?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Sheeple like repeating something that many other people have…even if it is not true?

Enjoy that doughnut whistling

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

He’s a stammering idiot when it comes to talking about anything.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

3rd confirmed case this time in anoka county. This is a person in their 30s with no previous underlying health conditions who is in critical condition. This doesnt exactly match the previous assertions that you had to be at least 122 years old barely hanging on to life in order to be at risk of getting extremely sick. Not sure how they are using the term critical but doesnt give me the warm and fuzzies

DTW

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

Quit being so liberal. Trump’s “Hunch” is all it takes to control this thing! (heavy, heavy sarcasm intended)

The sheep population here is mighty thick. If Trump covered a turd in sprinkles and called it a doughnut, there’s a large population of posters here who would lineup for a bite. I voted for the guy…but he’s a stammering idiot when it comes to talking about anything medical or scientific.

Trump is doing an amazing jo getting ahead of this virus. He stopped travel from China from coming in and then was called racist. a few weeks later he was “not doing enough” from all the liberals. Compare that to how Obama reacted to H1N1 in 2009. Million or more infected worldwide. 1000 or more dead in the US. This is from CNN news story in 2009 and not a conservative news outlet.

https://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/10/24/h1n1.obama/index.html

Trump is doing exactly what needs to be done. Let the politics of this virus stop.

DTW

Here is the Screen shot of 2009 on CNN showing Obama’s reaction to H1N1. I put this snapshot on here because these stories tend to disappear from liberal websites that disagree with the current narrative against a conservative president.

Attachments:
    1. Obama-H1N1.gif

Dan
    Southeast MN

My goodness I think the stores are gonna run out of tin foil too.

404 ERROR
    MN

This thread has gotten so far derailed, even I’m surprised it’s still around.

That being said, I previously said this breakout didn’t pose and issues with my travels. As of recent, all overdraws travel has been cancelled at work and just today they announced that the foam expo in Detroit at the end of the month was also cancelled.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It’s ok, there are a couple other Corona threads if this one is closed.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Trump is doing an amazing jo getting ahead of this virus. He stopped travel from China from coming in and then was called racist. a few weeks later he was “not doing enough” from all the liberals. Compare that to how Obama reacted to H1N1 in 2009. Million or more infected worldwide. 1000 or more dead in the US. This is from CNN news story in 2009 and not a conservative news outlet.

https://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/10/24/h1n1.obama/index.html

Trump is doing exactly what needs to be done. Let the politics of this virus stop.

It’s literally because of politics why we are where we are. I’ll definitely acknowledge that the current situation of ill preparation is as much a result of prior administrations as it is Trump’s but his messages to the people is completely inappropriate. He says these things right in front of experts saying the complete opposite.

Note that we now have well over 1000 people infected in this country.

“[W]hen you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 269 total)

The topic ‘Will Coronavirus Prevent You From Travelling?’ is closed to new replies.