Will Coronavirus Prevent You From Travelling?

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Those are some smooth legs. What kind of razor do you use?

The featured legs/feet with their decidedly Anglo-Saxon haven’t-seen-the-sun-for-a-while glow belong to none other than Mrs Grouse.

Who also has such a crippling fear of Corona that she is drinking only fluffy frozen girly-girl drinks. The names of which are too unmanly for me to write here.

As you can see, total hysteria has gripped us.

Grouse

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Looks like they are possibly quarantining another cruise ship off the CA coast. Everyone is free to make their own choices, but there is no way in hell I would go on a cruise right now and risk being trapped in my budget 6×8′ windowless box while a virus slowly infects more and more people on board. The story of the diamond princess was terrifying.

On the other hand, I would happily GET the virus while sipping endless all inclusive drinks on a warm beach in Mexico.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

If you travel it’s important to do so somewhere where it’s sandy and 80+, so that you stay REALLY well hydrated, like family Grouse. My wife and I underwent a similar treatment plan, and somehow managed to stay healthy despite 5 trips thru the San Juan, JFK and MSP airports in the last week.

“Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but doesn’t get you anywhere” Red from Shawshank.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

The most pressing question is will my coffee cup be ok from transmitting the virus to me. I cant remember the last time I washed it. It’s got that petena I would hate to lose.

My coffee cup matters.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Not for fear but I might be too poor to travel if this goes on much longer.

martyb

We’re leaving for Kona for 10 days on the 21st. My wife just called and asked if I thought there was a risk of our flights getting cancelled while we are there…. I told her we can only hope to get stuck in Hawaii for a while..

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Spoke to a bunch of guys at hockey last night and pretty much every company has travel bans, domestic included.

One guy works for delta and things are not looking good for airlines. They literally have a net zero cashflow at best at this point.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Spoke to a bunch of guys at hockey last night and pretty much every company has travel bans, domestic included.

The second largest Expo in the US starts next week in Vegas. (ConExpo-spans a record 2.8 million-plus net square feet of exhibits, with 2,800-plus exhibitors)

As far as I know there are only a couple US companies reducing their presence. It sounds like business as usual… I’m headed down there so I guess I’ll see. I might be the only one down there standing around??

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

“Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but doesn’t get you anywhere” Red from Shawshank.

@bigwerm

I love this quote Werm! Can you post it on every “Is the ice think enough” threads? There should be about 20 more in the next month.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

My in-laws have been traveling throughout Australasia and the Pacific islands for like 6 weeks via cruise ships and planes both. They’re coming back this weekend. Might have to tell the FW I can’t go to her family’s because of virus concerns smash

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

1st case of covid=19 in MN. It is not the number of deaths that is so concerning with covid but the speed of transmission that overwhelms the health care facilities in the affected area. Many companies have instituted no travel bans. If you were running a manufacturing facility the fear is it could get brought on the production floor and take out half your workforce force for 14=20 days. The economic impact could be huge. But who knows I think the next two weeks will tell if it is going to blow up or blow over. Sucks if you are one of the % who die.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The confirmed affected person is an older lady who was recently on a cruise with known affected cases.

Is it me or are these cruise ships just giant floating cess pools? Seems like it tends to spread on them quite rapidly and then they won’t let people get off until the quarantine period is over.

queenswake
    NULL

The confirmed affected person is an older lady who was recently on a cruise with known affected cases.

Is it me or are these cruise ships just giant floating cess pools? Seems like it tends to spread on them quite rapidly and then they won’t let people get off until the quarantine period is over.

I don’t know how the cruise industry will recover from this for at least a year or two. After that, like anything, incentives and enough time has passed to make the masses forget about it. But yikes, I would be nervous about working in the cruise industry right now. If this gets any worse, they will have to dock the ships and just cancel all trips.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Just got back from FL. Had a great time and super glad we went. Seemed like business as usual down there… lots of people out and about.

Only saw two people wearing masks the whole time. Although I was uncomfortable in the airport and on the plane, we used a bunch of hand wipes. I even brought a Lysol box of wipes and literally wiped down all the seats and trays, etc on the plane. Lots of people using wipes.

But…. you couldn’t pay me to go on a cruise anytime soon

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The CDC has now recommended that older people or individuals with existing health conditions avoid planes, cruises, and other public gatherings with a lot of people. Northern Italy locked down 15 million people this morning.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I’m in Bahamas right now. No issues here. Yet. Stayed away from the boat people when in Nassau yesterday. Seen very few people wearing masks

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The CDC has now recommended that older people or individuals with existing health conditions avoid planes, cruises, and other public gatherings with a lot of people. Northern Italy locked down 15 million people this morning.

Great, my mom is coming down for the nieces wedding next month.

Charles

Just heard some airlines are canceling flights, talk to someone last mention there trip to California been cancel by southwest.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>biggill wrote:</div>

The second largest Expo in the US starts next week in Vegas. (ConExpo-spans a record 2.8 million-plus net square feet of exhibits, with 2,800-plus exhibitors)

As far as I know there are only a couple US companies reducing their presence. It sounds like business as usual… I’m headed down there so I guess I’ll see. I might be the only one down there standing around??

Keep an eye on that show before you head that way. I work in the exhibit business and a lot of shows are cancelling or postponing right now. Scary times in this business.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

How are business enforcing these travel bans on their employees? How are any travel bans working?

I have a friend who lives and works in South Korea which is one of the top 3 corona hotpots right now. He recently learned that Japan would not allow him in for the vacation he had planned in a couple weeks. He had already been working remote for a couple weeks (not quarantined to home) so he figured he would just come home to the US (for hundreds of dollars cheaper than normal), work remote, spend his week vacation, and then either return to Korea or maybe stay a bit longer if they were still working remote.

He arrived this weekend and said that the Korean airport had workers in masks/suits, temperature screening, and things that visibly showed they were doing something to address it. His entry through US customs had absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

my wife works for Best Buy Corporate. they have instructed everyone in their Seattle office to work from home until further notice.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

How are business enforcing these travel bans on their employees? How are any travel bans working?

The companies are simply not sending people on travel for business. Doing so is a big liability. There’s no restrictions on personal travel.

Deuces

And notice that due to my crippling fear of the Corona virus I am only drinking Dos Equis.

Grouse

Attachments:
    1. Weekend-Afternoon-Randomness-Hotness-Humor-Humanity-Funny-Pictures-WAR-DAR-12-1.jpg

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

companies are simply not sending people on travel for business. Doing so is a big liability.

Was at MSP today and sitting on the full plane now… The place was very busy. I’d be curious to see how many businesses are actually worried about it.

I only saw about 10 face masks all day. Pretty much like flying any other day.

Other than our plane has issues… everyone’s much more worried about the plane than CV. Wish me luck.

DTW

It’s about perspective

Attachments:
    1. 55035566-8C51-4328-870C-DC934767E9E4.jpeg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

It’s about perspective

Who decides which one we are supposed to panic about………

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It’s about perspective

Here’s some perspective.

Cancer is commonly an end of life disease. You CAN’T give me cancer.

You CAN’T make me fat.

You CAN’T kill me with a medical error.

You CAN’T give me Alzheimer’s.

You CAN’T make me commit suicide.

Abortion isn’t even a disease.

You CAN give me COVID 19 or the flu by standing within 3 feet of me.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 269 total)

The topic ‘Will Coronavirus Prevent You From Travelling?’ is closed to new replies.