Will Coronavirus Prevent You From Travelling?

• Ramil

Yes. I did already stock masks and already went to the grocery and bought bulk. Drink vitamin C guys!

Deleted

I’m dead…..the Chinese got me.

Slabhunter

I travel a lot by Air for work and I am a little paranoid now with being couped up with a bunch of people in such a small space. Have even thought about wearing a mask like the Chinese do. Until this incident I never thought about attracting a virus other than a cold maybe and that is just a part of life…but this Coronavirus is a whole new ballgame IMO.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

American and Delta just suspended all flights to China…. geee ya think?? Called that one.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The State Department just issued a DO NOT TRAVEL advisory for all of China.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I’m guessing they will find there are carriers who are either not sick yet or are just carriers and never do get sick.

Confirmed. The virus can be spread from people who are not sick. Uggg.

-J.

lindyrig79

Any updated opinions or information? Is it stupid to fly right now?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I guess that depends on where you’re going Lindy. The State Department updates their travel advisories regularly. Check out this map link below.

https://travelmaps.state.gov/TSGMap/

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

You’re talking about the safety of you and your family. Dont rely on a fishing forum for your facts. Go to the CDC website and find out what you want to know.

https://www.cdc.gov/

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

In Vegas right now. No concerns here in probably the soupiest spot of the country. None of the locals I asked about it were too concerned. Will let you know how it turns out in a week or so….

-J.

lindyrig79

Sorry guys.. flying to Florida this weekend and just panicking a little…

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

H-LL YES!!!!

You’d be plumb nuts to get n a plane right now for many reasons.

#1 – deadly
    #2 – communist country reporting accuracy
    #3 – see #1 & #2. Repeat

To add complication? The definition of quarantine is being applied in widely varying fashion. Many proven to fail on many fronts.

Use caution, it’s no time to trust media.

tangler
    Inactive

H-LL YES!!!!

You’d be plumb nuts to get n a plane right now for many reasons.

#1 – deadly
    #2 – communist country reporting accuracy
    #3 – see #1 & #2. Repeat

To add complication? The definition of quarantine is being applied in widely varying fashion. Many proven to fail on many fronts.

Use caution, it’s no time to trust media.

Online forums are media of a sort. He shouldn’t trust you either honestly.

As others have stated, consult the cdc recommendations and make an educated decision for your family.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

OP asked for opinions.

I shared mine.

hillhiker
    SE MN

I’m in Florida now flying back to MN on Friday and unless something changes I’ll be flying back down on the 9th. I’m not thrilled about flying right now, but I really haven’t seen anything saying to stop making domestic flights so I guess work must go on.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If I had major plans and tickets in-hand, I’d probably keep my plans. However, there’s no way I’m going to be scheduling anything in the near future now that takes me to an airport or traveling to multiple metropolitan areas around the country.

There’s a reason that Chinese authorities haven’t been transparent in most of this or accurate in reporting. They know there’s no real answer to contain the spread and that their regulatory negligence helped make this outbreak a possibility.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Heading to Clearwater Beach FL for some fun fishing and sun with my family this weekend. Not concerned about it in the least.

blackbay
    mn

I’d travel anywhere I could drive home from if need to. I wouldn’t want to get stuck someplace because the airlines decided not to fly from where ever I was. One thing I certainly wouldn’t consider is a cruise. That said I think we’re OK in North and South America, at least for the time being.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Im still waiting to die from all the other over-hyped illnesses over the last 20 years…

CaptainMusky

I wish I could figure out how to embed this graphic, but watch this. Its very disturbing comparing CoronaVirus to other outbreaks. Seems harmless at first, but…

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Considering that influenza has caused at least 14,000 deaths and 250,000 hospitalizations in the US during the 2019-2020 flu season, Coronavirus isn’t going to stop me from traveling.

jld
    Holmen

Have a son taking a six week college course in Slovakia for travel abroad studies and we now have some major concerns. Not leaving until the end of May so we are hoping this gets figured out. My wife is starting to openly freak out a bit; I am doing it more on the inside.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Never let a good crisis go to waste…. somebody’s getting rich… the “VACCINE” should be available soon… ONLY $25 at CVS.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

My opinion: Grab your bottle of Purell and go.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Keep in mind the actual death rate in China is impossible to pin down. The number of reported cases compared to unreported cases is unknown so the death rate can’t be known. The death rate can only be lower than what is being reported.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

The only places I’d worry about would be the ones that see large numbers of Chinese tourists. For the US this time of year, that’s really mainly Hawaii. It’s not fear of getting the disease, it’s the idea that big restrictions could come into place should there be an outbreak and travel to/from could turn into a HUGE hassle. That’s what I’d want to avoid.

My thoughts exactly; I have a trip to Hawaii scheduled for this fall. The FW and I had this conversation last night, if things are still somewhat uncontrolled by then we might not be going.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

This won’t prevent me from traveling yet. Have tickets to Ft. Lauderdale for the weekend. That said, I’m keeping a very close eye on things.

It’s true that influenza has killed more to date. If I were single I would trust that even if I got Coronavirus I would be part of the 85% that have a mild experience. Would be very low on my list of things to worry about.

My wife is on auto-immune suppressants for her Crohns which puts her in the high risk for the 2% fatality rate. If the U.S. had reports like Italy and South Korea there’s now way we would get on a plane right now.

FWIW – my opinion, not time to panic but time to pay close attention.

lindyrig79

I’ve talked with a number of people who are travelling in the next couple weeks and everyone is keeping their travel plans. I’m gonna try to relax about it to some degree so I can actually enjoy the vacation, but yes, will be bringing a large supply of disinfectant wipes and using them liberally.

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

We really should just ban all international travel before it gets too bad. Nip it in the bud

Deuces

My 6yr old had rainbow butterfly wings on, with polka dot gloves as she was running around the house poking all us with her pointer finger wand claiming she was the coronavirus, and we all are dead if she touched us, so yeah, this is getting pretty serious….

Only coronavirus I’m scared of at this point is the one leaving the bars around 2am.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 269 total)

The topic ‘Will Coronavirus Prevent You From Travelling?’ is closed to new replies.