Wild blueberries 2024?

• Watersmack

Any wild blueberry fans out there who have been out looking this summer? My efforts are mostly in Douglas County (WI), and so far this year, it doesn’t look good (I am guessing due to too much rain). Has anyone seen any encouraging signs? I’ll be in the woods this week, but would rather spend time with friends and family if the berry search will be, umm, fruitless. Thanks!

Ice Cap

I have a patch about 30 feet behind the cabin at the lake and several others within a quarter mile. They have been yielding some berries but the problem is the mosquitoes and gnats. As soon as you go into the brush and grass to start picking you become under heavy assault. Spray don’t seem effective against this years crop of bugs.

TH

We have a patch of wild berries on our hunting land. No berries there whatsoever. It’s pretty shaded though. Our blueberry patch that I planted in our yard is just finishing up. Both properties are in the Brainerd area. And the bugs are terrible this year.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Best year I have seen by my cabin. Washburn county Wisconsin. They were thick a few weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.