Wild 2015-16

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Yeo must go!

Pug I just want you to know, no matter how late you are to the party, you’re always welcome. devil

Grouse

JoeMX1825
    MN

Per Russo the Wild have started practicing 3-3 and when to do line changes in OT….it’s about time…

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

14-7-5…Ya Yeo must go. C’mon fellers’ you need to find another scapegoat. Your lack of hockey knowledge astounds us all…RR

JoeMX1825
    MN

14-7-5…Ya Yeo must go. C’mon fellers’ you need to find another scapegoat. Your lack of hockey knowledge astounds us all…RR

I’m merely saying their approach on 3-3 OT has been terrible and appeared like they never practice it…Then yesterday Mike Russo says the Wild finally have started practicing 3-3 and discussing line change strategies… So you’re saying you disagree with that?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>roosterrouster wrote:</div>

I’m merely saying their approach on 3-3 OT has been terrible and appeared like they never practice it…Then yesterday Mike Russo says the Wild finally have started practicing 3-3 and discussing line change strategies… So you’re saying you disagree with that?

It’s only to quiet the squeaky wheel. It appears as though it worked. NHL practicing line changes? Come on.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

JoeMX…Not saying that at all. A team with 5 OT losses certainly needs to work on 3 on 3. I agree with you there. My point is you don’t fire (Yeo must go…) a coach that is 14-7-5…RR

JoeMX1825
    MN

NHL practicing line changes? Come on.

Have you watched the OT games? Yeo even admitted in his post game presser that the Team needs to figure out how to properly change in OT…It has cost them several games with dogged tired players unable to do anything resulting in the winning goal scored against..

JoeMX1825
    MN

JoeMX…Not saying that at all. A team with 5 OT losses certainly needs to work on 3 on 3. I agree with you there. My point is you don’t fire (Yeo must go…) a coach that is 14-7-5…RR

They won’t fire Yeo during the season, but if this team misses the playoffs, you’ll see him let go…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I was an advocate for hiring Yeo and I stick by that. Both my comment and grouses (I’m assuming) were sarcasm.

As for practicing 3 on 3 I’m sure this isn’t the first time. Yeo is doing what even a horse crap coach would do. Spot a deficiency and practice it when you have 4 days between games.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

C’mon you guys, lighten up. Geeze. I’m not really saying they should fire Yeo. Not yet at least. grin

I don’t know what they were or weren’t practicing, but glad to hear they’re working it because obviously the Wild are too good of a team to be that bad in OT.

Anybody see any news on Dubnyk?

Grouse

Fluffchucker
    NW Wisconsin

it sounds like Dubnyk is fine. He wanted to practice Tuesday, but coaches held him out of practice. Off day yesterday, and his wife gave birth to his child. They thought he’d practice today but with his child being born yesterday who knows what he’ll do.

mojogunter

Damn kids really muck things up for a guy. grin

Fluffchucker
    NW Wisconsin

Dubnyk is back at practice.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

He’s not going on the 2 game road trip. That’s probably not good for my Wild laden fantasy team, as they’ll probably play a tight defensive style. On the plus side, they’ll probably get to try out the new 3 on 3 skills.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Wild claim Jarret Still off waivers. Hope he can help our penalty kill which has dearly missed Brodziak.

JoeMX1825
    MN

he’s a great faceoff guy and a proven veteran, it’s nice we got him for a measly prorated $800k contract and didn’t have to burn any draft picks…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

…and free nose candy for everyone!

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

The boys had some fire in their belly in the second period last night. Fun game to watch, but I hope they saved something for the Rangers tomorrow night.

JoeMX1825
    MN

maybe it’s because they know Erin Andrews will be attending a few homes games with Stoll on the team now? It has me excited )

CaptainMusky

Man, that game could have been so much worse. Strong effort through 2 periods. Miller didn’t stand a chance and actually if it wasn’t for him and some bad luck by the Wild they would have spotted double digits on them through 2 periods.
    Its a bummer that they made those two mistakes which resulted in goals. Kuemper has to focus a bit more when playing the puck. Led to first goal.

Either way, almost everyone got in on the action. Big nights from Koivu and Vanek. That line could be deadly.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Well, well, well the Koivu Vanek combo platter pays off. Nice to see the Wild keep the pedal to the metal and keep hammering away.

IMO, it was Miller that gets the player of the game, without him that was a 10-2 loss. He WAS the defense last night for the Nucks.

As is typical, the Wild got screwed on the calls when things inevitably got chippy in the third. No major call on the targeted headshot to Scandella, only a minor. How bad does it have to be? How can the refs NOT see this kind of crap coming in a 6-2 beatdown and actually make calls? I can assure you that if anyone laid that headshot on any player from the Blackhawks or Pens (or about 6 other teams) in the 3rd period of a runaway game, it would be a major + misconduct + a free trip to NHL HQ to receive your bonus 5 game suspension. It absolutely amazes me that the refs can go blind, deaf, and dumb as soon as they land in MN.

I guess the only downside was Kuemper kind of got hosed by a D lapse last night and messed up an otherwise great 1 GA game. Kuemper is doing a fine job in relief and just when we needed it. Nice to have the backup playing like a starter so there’s no hurry-hurry factor to getting Dubnyk back in to prevent a tailspin.

Rangers coming to town Thursday. I’m taking my brother in law to the game, hopefully the wild can get out in front on this one and they didn’t drain all the goals out of the sticks last night.

Grouse

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I’ll be at the game Thursday too, with my wifes boss whistling . My first game of the year and hoping for a repeat of last night. I’d love to see them kick some ranger butt!! smash smash smash

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Think if we had lost how much we would have complained about passing on shots. There were quite a few extra passes when they should have shot. On the other hand a lot of goals were the result of extra passes.

I just hope the PP keeps clicking now. The PP has to be your bread and butter to go far.

So now we sit in 3rd place in the toughest division. In reality we could be 2nd with our games in hand.

Looks like no mid season slump this year. It started but they thwarted it.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Looks like no mid season slump this year. It started but they thwarted it.

Don’t say like that.

Grouse

Fluffchucker
    NW Wisconsin

Kuemper is playing himself into great off-season trade bait, which is nice for the Wild.

It’s funny how, even with games in hand on 2nd place St. Louis and most other division rivals, we still get no national attention. All things being equal right now the Wild would likely find themselves alone in 2nd place in the toughest division in the NHL. Not too bad. It feels good to have escaped relatively unscathed through a tough November. And it’s a good start to a pretty tough December schedule. Looking forward to Thursday nights game.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Kuemper is playing himself into great off-season trade bait, which is nice for the Wild.

It’s funny how, even with games in hand on 2nd place St. Louis and most other division rivals, we still get no national attention.

Welcome to the NHL’s version of Flyoverland. If you’re not one of the “original” teams plus a few sacred cows, the media is not interested. And to a large extent, neither are the referees as I pointed out.

Kuemper is going nowhere. At least I hope. Where are you going to come up with a better backup goalie?

I’d rather spend whatever’s left in the salary cap piggy bank on some fast shooting sniper to give us more offensive firepower.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens when Backstrom comes off the payroll and I also suspect there will be a shedding of some or our D players as well.

Grouse

CaptainMusky

The first goal was all on Kuemper. I think the D lapse on the second goal was their way of getting back at him for blowing the shutout THEY all had earned to that point. -)

deertracker

As a goalie that loves to play the puck myself, I would have played that puck as well. You win some you loose some. devil
    DT

CaptainMusky

No problem with playing the puck, it was his nonchalant effort that caused the problem. Thankfully it didn’t matter last night, but in a close game you cannot afford those things. Just like the lapse that happened for the 2nd goal.
    Either way, impressive game. Could have easily been 10 goals. Miller was making some huge saves.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I don’t know if he makes the same play in a 1 goal game, although he was protecting a shut out.

I’d hate to lose Kuemper in the offseason as it appears he’s gotten over his lapses. But I assume Fletch will trade him in the offseason. There’s no reason to keep a legit starter as a back up if the price is right.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 1,184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.