Wild 2015-16

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Russo say fletch said Granlund and Coyle to start on the wing. I like that. If that’s what steal gives us, i like it. I want to see Ganny and Koivu play together.

CaptainMusky

Russo say fletch said Granlund and Coyle to start on the wing. I like that. If that’s what steal gives us, i like it. I want to see Ganny and Koivu play together.

YES!
    Apparently Staal had said he will be playing with Parise to start. Here’s to hoping he is on the way to a full recovery!
    I think there might be more in the works but right now I am ok with what’s been done to this point.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I am very concerned about Parise. A back injury is not good. I hope we don’t end up with a guy who plays only half the season the rest of his contract.

I wonder if the Wild will nab Cullen. I know he’d love to go back to Pitt. They are strapped with little cap space, but Cullen didn’t make much last year. I think he may just be playing chicken with them to squeeze as much out of them as possible. He was a big part of their playoff success, even at 39 years old.

Or do we bring back Stohl and hope Graovac or another C can make the team. At least I think Graovac is a C? What about Gabriel?

CaptainMusky

Graovac is a C. I thought he was going to have a good year last year until he got hurt right away. Hopefully he makes the roster and is healthy.
    Regarding Cullen, there are only 2 teams that he would consider playing for, Pitt, and Min. He has said he wanted to return to Pitt and will be patient as they try and shuffle space to make room for him.
    I was major disappointed when the Wild didn’t resign him a couple years back. He is a solid guy to have on your 4th line. He is back home in Moorhead working out right now. He was on KFAN last week and still has the urge/desire to do what it takes to play another season. I hope its here.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I wish they had not let Brodziak go. To me there are certain types of centers that are invaluable, or undervalued, on teams. I remember in the 90’s when it was the Avs and Wings winning cups, they had guys like Mike Keane, Kris Draper and Stephan Yelle.

This year you had Cullen. Tampa has Brian Boyle. The have Dustin Brown.

The Wild have one player with this potential, although his trajectory places him above this type of role player. But right now with Staal and Koivu, he sort of fits the role, but his role is a little more elevated in that he is a bigger offensive threat than the guys I listed before. His name, Erik Haula. And now you know…the rest of the story. Good day?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I agree with Graovac. In fact, he has a potential to fill the role I described above.

Facebook memories are pretty funny.

July 5, 2013 at 8:38pm ·
    I understand the cap space made it impossible to sign Cullen. I understand the Clutterbuck trade. But dumping Setoguchi for a second round pick so you can sign Matt Cooke???

I am not counting on the Wild making the playoffs next year. The youngsters would have to step up big time.

Hopefully Fletch keeps his job because it looks like we will have a ton of cap space next year.

deertracker

Almost time to start the 2016-2017 thread. I see they signed Dumba today to a two year deal. If I read it right he was the last to sign.
    DT

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Funny deer tracker, when I saw there was a new post, I was thinking the same. Time for the 2016-17 thread. I think you should start it.

I believe you are right too, everyone is signed. I am excited to see what BB can do with this squad and excited to see Chris Stewart back. I think he is buddies with Dumba and I predict with Stevie keeping it loose, Dumba will have a big year.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m glad they re-signed Dumba, I really want to see his game after being under Scott Stevens for a year…

5.6 Million for Pomminville on the 3rd line is an anchor that will keep dragging this team until he’s either traded or bought out…

Replace Fontaine and Prosser with Tuch and Reilly/Olofson and your team’s size and scoring ability take a big jump…

We’ll still need to trade one of our top 4 defenseman this season, but at least the Backstrom contract fiasco is over…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

5.6 Million for Pomminville on the 3rd line is an anchor that will keep dragging this team until he’s either traded or bought out…

Not if that line with him, Haula and Nino click like they did at the end of the year.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

excited for the new season and see what they can do under a new coach. hopefully we can get the defense to hit like stevens did when he played. anyway you shake it, on paper we have a hell of a team this year.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Here’s an odd coincidence. On the fight back from AK, my brother said Don Lucia was on his flight. So in a little over a year My immediate family has run into Lucia in AK and Woog in Fort Meyers.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Here’s an odd coincidence. On the fight back from AK, my brother said Don Lucia was on his flight. So in a little over a year My immediate family has run into Lucia in AK and Woog in Fort Meyers.

Lucia better be flogging the hell out of the recruiting horse. I have a feeling his days are numbered it the U program keeps sliding. Yes, the Big Money Conference fail is not his fault, but the door will nonetheless be hitting him in the same spot on the way out if he doesn’t get the program back on track.

Grouse

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m really excited to see if Bruce can change the mindset of this team and stop the slides that has plagued this team the past few years..

On paper, we have a good team, hopefully 1-2 rookies (Tuch/Erickson Ek)can make the team and make an impact, push the middle aged guys harder..

Players i’m most excited to see improve their games this year are Zucker and Dumba… I think Yeo was in Zucker’s head 24/7 and if Steven’s can rub his style of game onto Dumba, look out!

Viewing 14 posts - 1,171 through 1,184 (of 1,184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.