Wild 2015-16

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yeah I’ve stopped emoticoning for some reason. I remember when coffee was my signature post ender.

And going further back yay

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

moon

My personal favorite.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Wild looking a little flat and heavy-legged in the first and a little goal snakebit the rest of the game against the Ducks last night. Oh well, it’s going to happen sometimes, they were in reach most of the game, but how many times can you clank the pipe and not find the net?

At least the Californicators will allow a Sunday game to start at some time OTHER than 7.30 PST. Thanks for that magnanimous gesture La-La Land, we know it’s really hard for you to start a game at such an ungodly early hour.

Grouse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If only Nino had tucked that one he stole from Khudobin instead of trying to feed Zucker, the results may have been different.

Wasn’t this supposed to be Dumba’s breakout year?

Tough one for Dooby. I don’t think he had a chance on any of those goals. They should have challenged the 3rd one. Not that I think it wasn’t a good goal, but I’ve seen a couple good goals reversed with the coaches challenge.

CaptainMusky

Wasn’t this supposed to be Dumba’s breakout year?

I’m glad you brought that up, I completely forgot about it, but the last 3 games I have been finding myself saying what the heck are you doing Dumba and awful lot.
    I expected him to be close to where he was the end of last season, but IMO he fell backwards and by quite a margin.
    Its still a young season. A lot can happen yet.
    So far I am encouraged by some of the signs I have seen from: Coyle, Niedereiter, Vanek.

Disappointed in: Pominville and Dumba

Meh on: pretty much everyone else except Parise since he always comes to play.

Disappointed in: Pominville and Dumba

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Jan 2 – Section 101 Row F Seat 15&16 behind the benches.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Pugster, are you having any doubts about the accuracy of EA Sports predictions this year? The Ducks seem to be having little trouble finding their Stanley Cup form…

Nice game against the Ducks by the Wild.

As is usual, the Wild get the worst end of the dirty play by the Jets. Blatant head shot on a player not in position to play the puck and it draws a 2 minute boarding call. NHL refs are a friggin joke. If that hit would have been put on a Blackhawks player it would have been a major + 3 game suspension minimum. Typical.

Grouse

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Our Mites played during the first intermission at Saturdays game. Was fun to be a part of. First pic is my boy making a save (goalie) and the second is the 2 of us.

Attachments:
    1. atrain.jpg

2. facebook_1445808784505.jpg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

We’ll see what happens once Boudreau is replaced. It’s insane that Corey Perry has no goals and just 1 point. They are just 7 pts out and in that division it won’t be hard to get right back in it, but they need to change the coach now.

I love watching the youngsters play during intermissions.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Saturday night looked like the Ducks phoned it in about 5 minutes into the game. What should have been a blowout was just a run of the mill game where one team mails it in and the other team reacts accordingly.

Thank you….Wells Fargo. I was one of a group treated to a suite. Center ice. Can’t imagine a more expensive seat in the X. grin

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Those suites are nice. Great sightlines and comfy.

This happened last night. Go get them rook!

Domi Reacts After Game

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

LOL, I didn’t catch this during the broadcast. Maybe because I had the Jets feed.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Not a good move JR…

Man, I’d love to have a beer with him. I obviously love hockey, but for me the 90s will always be the greatest decade.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

:moon:

My personal favorite.

I don’t get this smiley. It’s like a yellow man is pulling down his pants to reveal a sunburnt tookis. That’s where my question lies, am I to believe this yellow smiley person spent a day on the beach wearing some sort of reverse swimsuit and thus burned their backside instead of the rest of their body? I’m skeptical.

Go wild.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>biggill wrote:</div>
     :moon:

My personal favorite.

I don’t get this smiley. It’s like a yellow man is pulling down his pants to reveal a sunburnt tookis. That’s where my question lies, am I to believe this yellow smiley person spent a day on the beach wearing some sort of reverse swimsuit and thus burned their backside instead of the rest of their body? I’m skeptical.

Go wild.

You’re over thinking it. He is yellow because he is tan, when he drops his drawers you see where the sun don’t shine. -)

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Time to move Pominville. He’s just dragging that first line down. There is talk of bumping Coyle up there once Graovac is back. I like that idea a lot. I’d prefer Nino, but like Russo said, ain’t no way they are breaking up Zucker – Koivu – Nino.

Man I am tired of all these gaps in the games early this year, it’s annoying.

Looks like i was way off on my 10 game start to the season prediction.

The defense has been suspect to start the year, but I know that will come around. When it does, I wonder if it will affect their new scoring trajectory.

JoeMX1825
    MN

what sucks is we’ll be paying Pomminville 5.6 million for the next 3 years…the only option is buyout, nobody is gonna take on that contract and he has a no trade clause…

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Fontaine is out 4-6 weeks…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Time to move Pominville. He’s just dragging that first line down. There is talk of bumping Coyle up there once Graovac is back. I like that idea a lot. I’d prefer Nino, but like Russo said, ain’t no way they are breaking up Zucker – Koivu – Nino.

what sucks is we’ll be paying Pomminville 5.6 million for the next 3 years…the only option is buyout, nobody is gonna take on that contract and he has a no trade clause…

Guys, guys, guys. Were’t we having this same conversation last year about Vanek and Coyle and how it would be awesome to deal their under-performing buttskies right outta here?

Now it’s Pominville who’s gotta go? I guess I’m willing to give him a few more games to see if he can get on the board. I mean, just as a general rule, I think we should give a player at least 10 games before we deal his worthless @ss…

He’s only gotta score what, about once, and then he’ll have 25% of Coyle’s scoring total so far. Including the one that hit Coyle and went in. It’s not like his’s in last place in the goal tally by 10 goals or more.

I agree, the D is where it’s at. Lots of sloppy play sometimes and they seem to be unable to make adjustments mid game. How many times did the Blackhawks burn us on the stretch pass to the guy breaking on the wing? There was just no movement on our end to adjust, they just kept doing it.

Grouse

CaptainMusky

For the amount of ice time that Pominville gets, #1 PP, first line minutes he certainly should be producing. He has so many grade A chances that its ridiculous. I have been on the bench him list since half way through last year. Appears he is continuing right where he left off.

It sucks to lose Fontaine for 4 to 6 and now Graovac is out 4 to 6 more after having sports hernia surgery.
    I wish they would sit Prosser and play Reilly a couple games just to give him a shot. Reilly couldn’t be more of a defensive liability than Prosser is.

JoeMX1825
    MN

For the amount of ice time that Pominville gets, #1 PP, first line minutes he certainly should be producing. He has so many grade A chances that its ridiculous. I have been on the bench him list since half way through last year. Appears he is continuing right where he left off.

great points, this isn’t something that started this season, he was terrible last year…of course he’s going to pickup some phantom points with the amount of icetime and game situations he’s put in, my whole point was there’s nothing we can do about it the next 3 years other than buying him out…his salary could go towards locking Zucker up longterm…

CaptainMusky

True, nothing we can do about it. Same deal with Backstrom, we are stuck with both of them. At least in Pominville’s case he sees icetime. I sure as heck hope we don’t see Backstrom out there.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Whoah, I should have clarified. I meant move him from the 1st line. There is no doubt he should be producing more, especially alongside the hard working Granlund and Parise. Maybe he would be a better fit on the 3rd line, for now. But we know Yeo is very reluctant to send messages. See Heatly and Vanek.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Did everyone forget about Suter? Let’s do Suter next. whistling

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I don’t think it’s impossible that Backstrom could still be dealt to someone who needs a mid-season backup. Obviously, the Wild will still be hit with a good portion of his salary. I don’t know how a deal like this works as far as roster spots and salary cap, so not sure how much good it would even do us. The thing is he needs playing minutes so he has something to show the goods and to do that he’ll have to agree to waive his one way clause.

Bad deal to lose Fontaine and Graovac for another 6 weeks. Who else could the Wild tap into down in Iowa? I wonder if either that Swiss player Birtschey or that Swede Kraenen (sp) could be ready?

Grouse

mojogunter

I don’t think any forward down in Iowa is nhl ready

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I just heard they lost to the Blues in ot. Yeo must go!!!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Ha BT! I knew you’d come around eventually. toast

Grouse

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>belletaine wrote:</div>

Ha BT! I knew you’d come around eventually.  :toast:

Grouse

You wore me down Grouse! doah

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 1,184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.