Why so many walleyes?

• YoungGunz2
    Maple Grove MN

I was thinking the other day that almost every episode this season was about walleyes. I understand there was some that weren’t, but does anyone else want to see more species throughout the season? Im not trying to be negative and go against what they did this season, I was just curious.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Nope, I don’t care what species. I just want open water. I’m not a ice guy.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I was thinking the other day that almost every episode this season was about walleyes. I understand there was some that weren’t, but does anyone else want to see more species throughout the season? Im not trying to be negative and go against what they did this season, I was just curious.

Because really other than a pike or bass that is all freshwater has to offer.

jon amundson

Walleye, perch, sauger, sturgeon, salmon, gar and crappies didn’t skip too many. Nice well rounded fishing show. Great job

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>YoungGunz2 wrote:</div>

Because really other than a pike or bass that is all freshwater has to offer.

And Wade has already mastered fresh water… It’s so boring.

Jonesy

Walleye, perch, sauger, sturgeon, salmon, gar and crappies didn’t skip too many. Nice well rounded fishing show. Great job

Did I miss the gar episode? Never saw that on TV

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I think their well rounded in coverage. Of course they will be walleye centric, because that’s what will bring them viewers.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

In Depth Outdoors used to be way more about walleye than it is now. James and crew have really expanded. They make a great show but let’s be honest, walleye are still the most desirable species up here.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

James can fish for all the species he wants, as long as its Walleye whistling

Denny O
    Central IOWA

And besides, if they had a show on cat fishing, I think I would get quickly bored of just bla, bla, bla! chased
    Oh wait I think I got a bite! woot
    Ah – nope. sleeping

big_g
    Isle, MN

The history of IDO goes back to the river and James… which equals Walleye. Give him credit for doing what he knows and loves and not going after the Hot Bite… people tune in to see how to catch them un-cooperating walleyes, anybody can catch them when they are biting… coffee They do a good job of mixing it up, but let’s face it, Walleye are where it is at. Do you want to see 4,000 casts and maybe a follow by a musky in an entire episode ? devil

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

@peterjohnston

This isn’t really what happened this year. If all I had to do were walleye shows my life would be much easier. Instead, we go to incredible lengths to make sure our coverage is very balanced even though we’re smack-dab in the middle of walleye country…

Here’s the species we covered, week by week:

Walleye
    Crappie / Bluegill
    Walleye
    Bluegill
    Walleye
    Bluegill
    Crappie
    Walleye
    Walleye
    Perch
    Northern Pike
    Crappie
    Walleye
    Walleye
    Salmon
    Walleye
    Walleye
    Walleye
    Walleye
    Sturgeon
    Alligator Gar
    Walleye
    Walleye
    Smallmouth Bass
    Walleye

13 walleye shows. 12 non-walleye shows. Our plan is to continue to diversify, add new species whenever possible, and fish as many new bodies of water as we can each season.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Still waiting on a Tarpon, Redfish, heck any inshore fish santa

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

I for one Would love to see a Mille Lacs Muskie episode!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

You can definitely count on a muskie episode or two for next season. Ben and Pat will mutiny if we don’t.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I think it’s a great mix of species to keep a number of people happy, and also hits walleye enough to keep walleye guys happy. It truly is the best fishing show out there.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I think it’s a great mix of species to keep a number of people happy, and also hits walleye enough to keep walleye guys happy. It truly is the best fishing show out there.

X2

Denny O
    Central IOWA

You can definitely count on a muskie episode or two for next season. Ben and Pat will mutiny if we don’t.

Check-Mate!
    I knew that cats were on the bottom of the food chain. chased

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wildfan wrote:</div>

Thanks James!

FryDog62

I personally like the variety and think that sets it apart from other shows. Not just species but locations – Minnesota, Wisconsin, Dakotas, Ontario, Idaho, etc. I’m admittedly not a walleye or ice fishing guy, but looking at the list above there is still plenty to watch ~

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I can smell the stink bait already – catfish shows coming. Next it’ll be a can of corn and a carp crap shoot.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I’m a bit surprised there hasn’t been a catfishing show with BK.
    Seriously.

Duke M

Please keep the Midwest focus. Tarpon, redfish, really? But the very best feature is the honest attempt to try film the show the week before it is aired.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m a bit surprised there hasn’t been a catfishing show with BK.
    Seriously.

Who says we haven’t tried? whistling

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Please keep the Midwest focus. Tarpon, redfish, really? But the very best feature is the honest attempt to try film the show the week before it is aired.

I don’t see saltwater shows in our future.

Lynn
    Minnesota, Crow Wing county

James, I really appreciate the current up to date timing of your shows, plus the honesty of baits you use. It is really the only fishing show I watch religiously! Please stay with the mid west fishing and like you always say, there is nothing I’d rather catch than big walleye so! Great job!

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Duke M wrote:</div>

I don’t see saltwater shows in our future.

yay waytogo That’d suck.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.