Who's Ready to walk on the HARD WATER?

• DWSDave31
    Southern WI

I know its only the end of July but every time I go on my channel I get sidetracked and start looking through last years Ice Videos! Does anyone have any special trips planned this year? I am hopefully able to get out as much as I did last season to film almost 4-5 days a week again! Anyone that may have any ideas or things they would like to see go ahead and let me know! Otherwise for those that enjoy the frost as much as I do I will leave you with this Frosty reminder of whats to come! (TURN IT UP TO FEEL THE CHILL)

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

My goal, is this will be the second year where the only ice I walk on is in the floor of my boat )
    Enjoy augering Dave!!

zooks

I love to ice fish and the only time I wanna think about it before Nov 1 is to plan a trip somewhere. Don’t want to be a killjoy but I’ll continue to enjoy the seasons as they come.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Ice? Did someone say ice? Where? Let’s go!

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I’m with EP on this one.LET’S GO.

Nick Schmitz

Bring on the ICE!! I’m tired of this hot weather.

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

???? Fishblood you sir are a river diehard and I salute you for your dedication but I will stick to my thermal shanty and walking on water! yay

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

Zooks that’s exactly why I live in Wisconsin is the fact we have 4 seasons and I wouldn’t have it any other way toast

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

5 out of 7 jacked up for ice mid summer!!! I feel a little less alone and not so crazy anymore! peace

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

moon want ice sooner move farther north, fall by far best season of the year!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

moon want ice sooner move farther north, fall by far best season of the year!

What he’s said. I’ll just add, move much further north….800-900 miles. Ice is for people who can’t catch fish in open water. Minnesota should have an “ice season”. Say two weeks starting Feb 1.

rippinfish

I’m ready,thinking bout a few new tucr rods for this season

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I had my otter out in my drive way yesterday with the excuse of putting dryer sheets in it and make sure mice are staying out of it. But really I was just excited to get my ice gear out and strip line off rods.

I’m ready for ice

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Ice? Did someone say ice? Where? Let’s go!

Where? Barnacle’s, er…Mille Lacs. Same weekend, 3rd one of February. Stir the ice around in your Bloody Mary with a blue smoothie chaser on deck. yay

Attachments:
    1. Barnacles-1.jpg

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Me, but I have to bowhunt 1st

Hoyt4
    NULL

Bring the ice on and cold. I had the auger fired up yesterday when cleaning out my garage. Ice can stay around all year. I can bow hunt in the cold and ice fish best of both worlds. Rather have cold I can dress for cold and hunt or go fishing.

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

I love how much a bunch of you really are ice nuts like my self lol also when I used to hunt every season I would rather hunt with some cold crisp leaves on the ground or a nice fresh blanket of snow any day! I also agree with the fact that fall can be one of the best open water times of the year but I don’t know what it is about walking on water be it sure feels like home every time I do it!!! Keep the batteries charged and start those augers twice a month boys! ITS ON ITS WAY!

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I can’t understand how everyone is so excited about hard water when fall fishing is just around the corner. I also do love ice fishing but fall is much better.

Smackem33

I think I’m gonna have to go try this fall fishing for the first time and skip afternoon chicken walks through the woods after the quick morning duck hunts. Once September hits and goose season begins I spend the whole fall smacking birds. And the rods never come out. My dog won’t be as happy sitting in the boat instead of trying to find those tasty grousys though

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Another ice junky here! I will always be a run & gunner at heart, but there’s something about pulling the wheelhouse onto the ice that sure gets the blood going!

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

Smackem some of the best fishing I have ever experienced outside of first and last ice is Fall and when I say good 9 times out of 10 the fish you think were big in the spring are TRULY BIG in the fall after that fall feed really sets in!

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

Tuma I agree with fall fishing being NUTS lol but I just cant ever get over WALKING ON WATER lol something about walking over the fish you boated over just weeks ago and pinpointing them is just something my brain is HOOKED on like a drug lol I mean there could be worse things to be addicted to! toast

dbright
    Cambridge

I use to have the ice bug bad. Now I get out as soon as I can chisel my way out but by the time I need my auger I am ready to be back on the river. The lack of respect of alot of people on the ice now days has drove me away from spending alot of time on the ice.

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

I completely understand where you’re coming from DB but the upside is once you get away from easy access lakes the numbers of People fall off greatly and that’s what I love about it is the simple fact that LAZY people won’t come out ice fishing most places I fish!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I use to have the ice bug bad. Now I get out as soon as I can chisel my way out but by the time I need my auger I am ready to be back on the river. The lack of respect of alot of people on the ice now days has drove me away from spending alot of time on the ice.

This. By Christmas when people start driving out, I’m sick of it. The sport seems to be growing, but so is the disrespect for the environment and other anglers.

Randy Winn

I’ve been ready for a couple months! I wish there was somewhere in the southern hemisphere to go ice fishing when it’s summer here, LOL

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

Lol Randy the feeling is mutual! Looking forward to new people new waters and bigger FISH!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.