Who is your fishing hero? Mine is Wayne Gretzky

• tim hurley

I know, he is a hokey player. I read this big article on WG-not someone who follows hokey but I did know WG is not a big guy so I was sure that he was fast. Gretzky was not all that fast. Wow. His secret? Others follow the puck, he had a sense where the puck WILL go. I sometimes follow other fishermen, thats like following the puck. Better to follow your instincs. He also said that you miss every shot that you don’t take. Ok also kinda like Roland.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I like Ryan Suter. Effortless and efficient.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Eric Clapton. Master Blues man and he catches huge Salmon waytogo

S.R.

Attachments:
    1. 984508.jpg

B-man

Da heck is hokey??

jester

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Seems weird to have a hockey player as a fishing hero.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

My fishing hero is carry Underwood. She always dug her keys into a 4 wheel drive truck and trucks are needed to pull boats which help catch fish. So…yeah, going with her.

bobberstop4054

Mine is Gary Roach weed fishing machine on the pond

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

My dad. He dumped.me off on a lake or river, cracked a Pabst, and made me figure everything out on my own. He did an awesome job of teaching me everything NOT TO DO. He was a “anchor up and sling bait” guy that always went to the same spots regardless of conditions, then griped if he wasn’t catching fish. I made it a point to go after fish. His lack of drive motivated me to be one to take my game to the fish. Also a reason why I NEVER drink in a boat

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Definitely Roland Martin. He was the first fishing show I’d watch religiously. I still need to make a trip to My Mecca, Okeechobee and cast a skirted silver minnow like he used to always do and stop by his marina.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I cant believe no one picked BK yet!!!!!!!!!!! roll cool

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Definitely Roland Martin. He was the first fishing show I’d watch religiously. I still need to make a trip to My Mecca, Okeechobee and cast a skirted silver minnow like he used to always do and stop by his marina.

When I watch Scott Martin today I see Roland from years ago from when I first started watching him. Fortunately Scott doesn’t have that “son” catch phrase the old man has. grin

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Mike Tyson

The only opponent he can’t defeat is the letter S.

The Roland Martin bloopers are pretty hilarious.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

When I watch Scott Martin today I see Roland from years ago from when I first started watching him. Fortunately Scott doesn’t have that “son” catch phrase the old man has. grin

I like watching Scott’s YouTube channel videos. Those are pretty good.

You don’t like the “son” catch phrase or you are glad Scott didn’t cop it? Who among us has never said “hoo son!” when reeling in a fish?

Deuces

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>skinnywater wrote:</div>
    Mike Tyson

The only opponent he can’t defeat is the letter S.

The Roland Martin bloopers are pretty hilarious.

base

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Who among us has never said “hoo son!” when reeling in a fish?

Not me. grin

Ok I lied. redface

eyeguy507
    SE MN

3 words….”grab the frabill”!

Bass-n-Eyes
    Maplewood & Crane Lake, MN

A couple of years back I stopped at the Canadian Customs dock on Sand Point Lake (Between Crane and Namakan Lakes on the MN/Ontario border). As I pulled up there was two wrapped bass boats just finishing up, turned out to be Roland Martin and Jimmy Houston. Chatted with them a little while, they were headed to the motorized portage into Lac La Croix. Not who you would expect to run into in the middle of nowhere northern Minnesota/Ontario.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mplspug wrote:</div>
    Who among us has never said “hoo son!” when reeling in a fish?

Not me. grin

Ok I lied. redface

And ya gotta say bass like it’s a two syllable word.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

The first fishing show I remember as a kid was Jimmy Houston. I don’t remember why but for some reason his name always makes me smile.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Since I am from Mn all my life and love to chase walleye’s I have to go with Tony Roach the man of Mille lacs lake. I watch all his video’s and learned what to do and what not to do on the pond hands down he is the best in my opinion on the pond. Never fished with him but who know’s he may see this in invite me out . LOL could only dream fishing with him on the pond. That from a guy 250 miles away almost as far south as you can go in Mn. Good luck to all on the opener .

He guides out of Hunters Pointe on ML….you just hand him a couple 13…14 bucks and you can fish with him!

tim hurley

Lol on Mike tyson-Gretzky clearly a stretch for many-but hey, stretching is good.

Karry Kyllo

I’m not sure that walleye anglers can be classified as heroes, but Mike McClelland is my favorite walleye angler of all time.

Attachments:
    1. Mike-McClelland.jpg

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Mine is dutchy.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Guess I am older! Virgil Ward

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Joe Fellegy; “The Early Bird”. Walleye Whisperer waytogo

tim hurley

Virgil Ward! A fishing show with a great song! He had a side-kick Jim, or was that Wild Kingdom?

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Virgil Ward! A fishing show with a great song! He had a side-kick Jim, or was that Wild Kingdom?

Wild Kingdom had Marlin Perkins with side kick Jim.

munchy
    NULL

Can’t believe nobody mentioned Kent Hrbek!

Attachments:
    1. MV5BNzI4MDllMGItMWEwZC00Mjk0LWIzMzktYTI2NjQzOWMwMTVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI4ODc2NDY@._V1_.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.