Where You Headed for the Fourth?

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It’s going to be a packed house up at my brother’s cabin in Central Minnesota. The fishing isn’t going to be too serious. Michelle is 2 for 2 in PB bests during weekend getaways this year. We’ll see what she gets this time. A 19″+ bass? A 4-0″ pike? We shall see.

I’ll be happy just to catch a fish.

The weather looks like it is going to be great. Everyone have a safe and happy 4th!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I’d appreciate if everyone sacrificed and had a nice cold one for me this weekend. Staying back and working, why can’t people want to remodel their homes in the winter when there’s nothing better to do?

usafcatm
    Drummond, WI

Cable WI. They have a great 4th celebration for such a small town. Then hit Cheq Bay for a shot at some trophy fish!

FryDog62

First time in years we are staying home as the family dynamic has changed to kids in college 500 miles away.

My son, who just completed his Freshman year at Mizzou and is working there this summer to get residency (and lower tuition ) just got home… We are heading out to a local hole early tomorrow to “wack” some smallies with some Yamasenkos. One of our favorite ways to chase bronze backs. Looks like good weather and quality time with the kid…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’d appreciate if everyone sacrificed and had a nice cold one for me this weekend. Staying back and working, why can’t people want to remodel their homes in the winter when there’s nothing better to do?

Sorry for your loss.

Tomorrow night we’ll be piled into the 2 pontoons in the middle of the lake watching everyone else shoot off the pyrotechnics. After a few close calls, our cabin gave it up.

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

Going up to the cabin after work tonight. A little morning fishing, then the Brainerd Fourth of July parade, followed by the Brainerd fireworks, an awesome show. We have been doing this with the kids, their spouses, and the grandson for many years. Unfortunately, only my son and grandson this year, other commitments in life. Will be kind of sad not having the whole family together.

After the Fourth, hardcore fishing for the next 8 days! Will do some prime time walleye fishing, but will spend most of the time fishing bass. My grandson is 12 and been coming up fishing with us for this week since he was three years old. He is one heck of a bass fisherman, nothing better to keep kids entertained than large mouth bass this time of year. If your not catching at least 25 – 30 a day, you are either on the wrong lake or doing something wrong.

Have a safe Holiday All!

Mike Stephens
    WI.

We’re sticking close to home, hoping that someday the river will recede. We haven’t been able to put the boat in all year down here on pool 10 and I’m gettin jiginitis dangnabit.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I’m on the Ash River Trail right now back on Monday. Fishing is optional.

jerry b
    western WI

At the seasonal spot near Long Lake, Washburn Co, Wi. Pup’s morning walk out of the way, first cool delicious in hand. Best wishes to all—jerr

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

North shore Lake Superior for me. Leaving tonight, hope to have a few lakers in the box by morning.

It’s the maiden voyage for the new boat. I’ll be sure to post lots of pics. Can’t wait.

lozherky
    Lake Ozark, MO

I’ll be sitting on our pontoon somewhere on the Lake of the Ozarks watching fireworks and
    eating some BBQ pulled pork sandwiches I made on the Big Green Egg. God Bless America!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Did you forget to mention catching football sized smallmouth?

FryDog62

Wait… so my son travels from near Lake of the Ozarks all the way back here to catch smallmouth and there are “football” sized smallies down there? LOL

I think next March I’m heading down to the Ozarks and Table Rock to take him fishing then. No reason to just have a favorite spot here !

FryDog62

Here’s his PB – 22 inch smallmouth. Will see if we can top it )

Attachments:
    1. Spikes-22-incher.jpg

duke.harbaugh

At the seasonal spot near Long Lake, Washburn Co, Wi. Pup’s morning walk out of the way, first cool delicious in hand. Best wishes to all—jerr

I’ll be on long lake with a blue smoothie in hand!

deertracker

I’ll be up bright and early on the 4th……….to go to work.:-( I work 5am to 1330 so at least I have the afternoon and evening.
    DT

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.