Where to go when you have no place to go? (Labor Day Weekend)

• tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>
    A lot of the State Parks have been full, which is frustrating

I don’t camp so I am asking the question. Do campers not like to camp out in the wilderness? Do they prefer to be around other people. I see 1 or 2 people out camping in the forest but not many. Not directed at you Lindy, just quoted you because I hear this a lot.

Wilderness camping is popular but it commonly has some type of hiking or water trail system (BWCA, Superior Hiking Trail, Border Route Trail, western wilderness areas, etc.). It’s generally accomplished via backpacking or canoe camping. It can be brought up to another level with dispersed wilderness camping or PMAs (Primitive Management Areas) located within the BWCA. These would be the bushwhacking versions of the afore mentioned so they do not attract a lot of people due to the amount of planning and experience needed. For car camping I think most people look for something with some type of attraction, improvement or amenities which is why parks and campgrounds are popular. Dispersed car camping would not involve any type of improvement so that would need to be taking into consideration regarding planning. I would think you would also want to do some scouting which doesn’t lend itself to a 3 or 4-day weekend unless you’re familiar with the area.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I sent you a pm. If interested I can lead you to a spot or 2 that are local, good fishing, and nice scenery

Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

Ummm-S.upper H.igh O.utput. Am I right? My Polaris snowmobile is a 600HO-High Output roll

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.