Where to buy mickey mouse boots?

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Im usually very good at finding deals online but for some reason im having a hard time finding good prices or a ton of places that sell the mickey mouse boots. Technically speaking I am interested in the white ones which I think they call bunny boots. Can anyone help me to find a good place to buys those either online or in person and what is a good price for these boots? Also, anyone know if they run big or small in case I have to buy online and cant try them on first? Thanks

404 ERROR
    MN

I got mine at the Sportsman’s Guide Outlet in SSP. Cant remember what size I have, I can dig them out tonight and tell you if they run big or small.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Thought I remember seeing them in past years at Mills Fleet Farm.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

thanks. I found them on sportsmans guide but unfortunately they don’t have them in my size. that’s a good store though ill keep checking back. I do wonder through the military section at fleet sometimes ill keep an eye out there too.

you guys like these boots for ice fishing? Ive never tried them on I just thought they would be a cheaper quality boot. I currently use sorels and they work well but they are getting old

blank

I bought a pair of bunnys (white ones) a number of years ago from a guy and they run a little big. They are extremely warm and you’ll sweat in them. I usually only wear them if it’s really cold, or deeper snow since they are totally waterproof, and if I’m not walking much since they are so bulky and heavy. I like them when I do wear them, but I wouldn’t wear them every time out mainly due to the size/weight and getting overly sweaty feet if you’re going to be moving a lot.

As for where to buy them, I can’t help much on there. I haven’t seen them at Fleet Farm for a number of years.

hless_jon
    SW Wisconsin

If you are talking about the extreme cold weather boots from the military, I would check military surplus stores, they usually have these. I have the black boots which I picked up for $15. They are not made to walk in as your feet will sweat. I use these only for ice fishing because I do not walk far and in many cases am standing or sitting….

hless_jon
    SW Wisconsin

Agreed Bob…. I have ice cleats for mine, otherwise they are very slippery. The black boots are very warm and waterproof. For the money, they are the best boots on the ice in my opinion

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Search eBay, plenty of sellers on there. Use multiple search terms, bunny boots, mickey mouse boots, etc as they have a lot of different names for the same boots.

Grouse

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I bought my white pair at a military surplus store for $15, new never used. Yes they are very warm and your feet will get sweaty on long walks. But all you have to do is bring an extra pair of socks and paper towel to wipe out the boots. You will have dry, warm feet in a second.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Watch out. My buddy bought a pair off of ebay after I told him how much I enjoyed my pair. His were so used that the souls were smooth.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Disney world??? jester

piscatorialmaize

The fleet Farm in Carver (out your way Crappie) is where I got mine. Like other surplus items they either have them or they don’t but best chance is coming up with the winter season stuff coming in. They do run big, they are heavy and they are slippery. But very warm, waterproof and ice cleats fit them nice and snug. I wouldn’t wear them walking a bunch, but nice to have on the 4 wheeler.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

The fleet Farm in Carver (out your way Crappie) is where I got mine. Like other surplus items they either have them or they don’t but best chance is coming up with the winter season stuff coming in. They do run big, they are heavy and they are slippery. But very warm, waterproof and ice cleats fit them nice and snug. I wouldn’t wear them walking a bunch, but nice to have on the 4 wheeler.

Thanks piscatorialmaize. ill keep an eye out. im in that store usually about once or twice a month

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

A pair of Cabela’s Infernos or Rocky Blizzard Stalkers are far warmer then the Mickey Mouse boots. Speaking from experience….

big_g
    Isle, MN

Having a pair issued to me in the Army…. (Winter Tent Camping at Camp Ripley in February) and now owning a pair that I got at Pete’s Surplus (New London) Nothing beats them. From experience. (There are knock off’s out there FWIW, be careful)

bioguy

There is an outfit at the st paul ice show every year that sells the authentic original Bata-made bunny boots (look for the stamp on the sole) fkr about $55. I picked mine up a few years back and I literally have never had cold feet since then. Just watch any of the Alaska-based reality TV shows, i.e. Bering sea gold, Yukon men, etc. Most of the people are wearing the white bunny boots. In fact a number of outfitters in Antarctica include them in survival packs. As others have said, they are heavy and clunky but you cannot beat them for warmth…period.

wgorby
    Greenville, Michigan

I got a white pair off Ebay years ago…local surplus stores wanted way too much for them. Do get them 1 size smaller than you normally wear, and if your a “big guy” get them in a W(wide) size..helps for extra sock layers as well. I usually wear a 13 but my White boots are size 12W, and fit perfect.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Disney world??? jester

That’s funny, that was my first thought.

See if coach Zimmer could pick up a pair, he’ll be there next February. rotflol

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Do get them 1 size smaller than you normally wear, and if your a “big guy” get them in a W(wide) size..helps for extra sock layers as well. I usually wear a 13 but my White boots are size 12W, and fit perfect.

X2 on the sizing grin

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.