When I least expected it, a good day happened and on new and old plastics!

• Spoon Minnow

Last time I fished this lake, I only caught 11 fish. Today was different: 31 fish in 4 hours: yellow perch, sunfish, crappie and bass. Nothing humungous but it felt like it considering the strong rod bends.

My first cast a yellow perch after seeing a dense school on sonar in 6′ not far from the launch.
    The locations fish caught were similar: 5-7’deep flats paralleling the shore. I wanted to try my underwater camera to see what the schools consisted of but the water had too much suspended algae.

At least some of the new plastic designs I got recently did very well along with a few of the tried & true shapes I pore! The body and tail ridges of the new stuff might have helped and rigging the plastics on 1/16 oz jig allowed for long casts, working a lot of water and at different depths. Good thing for the 12 mph wind that kept changing direction or the bright sun and no clouds would have been brutal.

A friend is going to show me how he trolls crankbaits tomorrow on the same lake. Doubt the numbers will be there but who knows?!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_5314.jpg

2. IMG_5341.jpg

3. IMG_5323.jpg

4. IMG_5317.jpg

5. IMG_5310-1.jpg

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.