When a five year old kicks your butt.

• Iowaboy1

So Sparkles and I took our youngest grandson with us this year to Bemidji, I have to ask, how on earth does a five year old stay awake riding in a truck for nine hours without taking a nap????? if it were me I would have slept the entire way!!
    We arrived Friday afternoon at a friends place, Thanks Scenic for having us!!!!!
    Thats another thing, Preston and Scenic became best buds immediately and thats all we heard for nine days, are we going back to Scenics place today?? Shut up kid, I paid your entire way here and back and you adore Scenic?????

Anyway, as usual the week went too fast and we had one entire day of rain and northwest winds, we got six inches of rain that day between three AM and seven PM, the next day I went out by myself as it was cold and windy so I decided it was a good time to play with my Helix with side scan and locate some fish to put Preston on.
    I found a school of crappie and started tossing a jig and minnow to them, after ten cast and three fish I switched to a tube jig and it was lights out fishing with a fish cast after cast so I went and got Sparkles and Preston.
    I I took them out to the same spot and yep, the little sh!t outdid me with a score of 18 to 6, ( he only won because the ones he caught didnt have a sore mouth yet lol )

I dont have the pic but he caught a pike half of his body length and wouldnt go near it, I bet that was a monster in his eyes!!
    His first crappie was a small one and several he caught later ended up on the filet table.
    Good job Preston!! but I did end up besting him later the next day, he was tired of catching fish and wanted to stay in the cabin with Nana.

Attachments:
    1. 20240619_132616-scaled.jpg

2. 20240619_220332-scaled.jpg

3. 20240620_110330-scaled.jpg

Iowaboy1

Another pic

Attachments:
    1. 20240620_190728-scaled.jpg

Scenic

Preston my Buddy. That kid sure knows how to put together a breakfast..and eat it too!! He is way fun. You’re welcome. It was get having you guys here but time went way to fast.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

I’d rather be out fished by a kid than an adult any day. A grandson doing makes you feel even better! Good job Grandpa.

LabDaddy1

X2 nice crappies and good story. Everything nice always goes too fast…

Edit: and nice crappies

glenn57
    cold spring mn

good job gramps…….bet he’s got his list started for next year already!!!! rotflol

that hummingbird looks like the one i just got!!!!

MX1825

Good job Gramps and Nana! waytogo waytogo
    I’m always glad when kids catch the most or biggest fish. smile

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Good job gramps! Sounds like a great trip!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Glad you guys had a great time buddy. And that kid looks like a fish slayer

CaptainMusky

That is some dang fun times. He will remember that forever.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Bet Sparkles was glad to get back home to get some rest after chasing you two around for a week. jester Well done gramps. applause

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I have to ask, how on earth does a five year old stay awake riding in a truck for nine hours without taking a nap?????

Hard to sleep when they don’t stop talking. At least that has been my experience with my son. He has fallen asleep mid-sentence.

Sounds like you had a great time. It is easy to be out fished by little kids when the bite is good and they don’t unhook their fish. There is no time for you to put your line in the water. I am happy to take that situation any day.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I think that means you are doing it right bud! Congrats, and I hope to meet up sometime when you are in the cabin neck of the woods.

JEREMY
    BP

Shouldnt that boat have a suzuki on it?

big_g
    Isle, MN

nice crappies !!! sounds like a memories made trip !!! waytogo

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Shouldnt that boat have a suzuki on it?

It will by the next time it sees that lake. Glad you had a good trip bud even with the monsoon that’s been following you around this year.

Iowaboy1

Thanks everyone!
    Yes, my boat is going to have a brand new Suzuki 115 on it hopefully this fall yet, Bearcat has my old motor now.

So, to fill everyone in, my rig has been sold to the business, it is getting repowered with the 115, all new gauges, cables, control, and wiring harness and it will be used as a demonstrator rig, it gets better.

Right now it is at fellow member Scenic’s shop getting a new transom, floor, vinyl, carpet, and new paint.
    Once we figure out how we are going to put a modern spin on the old graphics it will be completed, and, it will have the shops logo, Scenics shop logo and of course Suzuki’s logos on it.

The new motor is sitting in my warehouse with a couple of other motors and I made the mistake of opening the box to look at it, dang I cant wait to see what that 115 will do compared to the Merc 75!!!
    Oh, and the motor is gloss black.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Can’t wait to see it! Maybe you me and EPG should break it in after all the new stuff. You know spill a beer a couple cig burns and some fish smell. Do it proper. toast

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Thanks everyone!
    Yes, my boat is going to have a brand new Suzuki 115 on it hopefully this fall yet, Bearcat has my old motor now.

So, to fill everyone in, my rig has been sold to the business, it is getting repowered with the 115, all new gauges, cables, control, and wiring harness and it will be used as a demonstrator rig, it gets better.

Right now it is at fellow member Scenic’s shop getting a new transom, floor, vinyl, carpet, and new paint.
    Once we figure out how we are going to put a modern spin on the old graphics it will be completed, and, it will have the shops logo, Scenics shop logo and of course Suzuki’s logos on it.

The new motor is sitting in my warehouse with a couple of other motors and I made the mistake of opening the box to look at it, dang I cant wait to see what that 115 will do compared to the Merc 75!!!
    Oh, and the motor is gloss black.

so…….how much you rip off your business for that transaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! devil devil rotflol

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The word you were looking for is write off Glenn. whistling

glenn57
    cold spring mn

whistling somewhere near kellog iowa?

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1721696117465.jpg

Iowaboy1

Ya aint far off the mark there Glenn.

Attachments:
    1. 20240521_062826-scaled.jpg

mojo

Not many things better than making good memories with young ones. Good on you and Sparkles.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Can’t wait to see it! Maybe you me and EPG should break it in after all the new stuff. You know spill a beer a couple cig burns and some fish smell. Do it proper.

You might be too late if it is done by the first week of September. toast

With Iowaboy’s past, I wonder how long that 115 Suzuki stays “stock”? woot

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.