What’s it worth?? (Boat)

• B-man

I’ll start by saying this is not a for sale ad, though it could possibly be in the near future. Please keep reading.

A great friend of mine passed away too soon late last year from a heart attack, and his wife is asking me with help selling his boat.

I’ve sold plenty of boats before, and always start high and lower the price if the phone isn’t ringing. The market will tell you what it’s worth.

The issue I’m having with this boat is another friend of mine is very interested, but I’m not sure what to tell him for a price.

Comps are a little tough because nothing is this loaded that I’ve seen, and it’s such a low hour boat for the year.

She obviously wants to get as much money as feasible out of it, and has no real connections with my interested buddy. He doesn’t want to make her a blind offer and offend her or overpay either.

I typed up an ad below in case he doesn’t end up buying it, and to show him what’s all on the boat.

What do you think would be a fair price to give him a starting point would be?

—-++++++++++—–

Gorgeous FULLY LOADED GARAGE QUEEN—-SUPER LOW HOURS—(125)

Skeeter WX2060 2014 with 250 Yamaha and 9.9 Yamaha Kicker

Completely Ready to Fish, set up for Big Water and The Great Lakes

I will preface this by saying this was a great friend of mine’s boat. He suddenly passed away and I’m helping his widowed wife sell it. This boat was his dream retirement rig, it is immaculate, used little, and has been meticulously maintained.

We were great fishing buddies and I had him along with me much of the time in my boat. This left his boat in amazing condition with very low hours. Don’t let the model year fool you, it’s in better condition than boats several years newer.

He bought it in 2015 on consignment through Grandpa Joe’s Marine.

It has an endless list of options, but I’ll do my best to provide the highlights. I fished in it with him a dozen or so times, so I’m somewhat familiar with it but don’t know every single detail.

Two Smooth Moves Seats
    Butt Seat
    Third Pedestal Seat
    Two Rear Flip Seats
    36 Volt Motor Guide Xi5 105lb w/stabilizer
    Odyssey Batteries
    Lenco Trim Tabs with Digital Controls
    Powered Jack Plate for 250 (Action Series Jac Plate)
    Kicker Bracket
    Pair of Great Lakes Quad Rod Trees with LED Lights
    Fish Hawk X4 +Depth and Probe
    Marine Radio and Removable Antenna
    (2) Lowrance HDS Gen3 9″ Touch Screens
    (1) Lowrance HDS Carbon 9″ Touchscreen
    Graphs with Side Imaging and black box
    Aluminum Mounts for the Graphs
    4 Bank Minnkota MK 440 on-board charger
    TrollMaster Pro2 Kicker Throttle Control
    Tie Bar to link Main to Kicker
    (2) 60″ Traxstech Tracks on Rear Gunwale
    (2) 24″ Traxstech Track on Front Gunwale
    (2) Cannon Mag 10 STX Downriggers
    (2) Traxstech Risers
    (2) Traxstech Metal Rod Holders
    (6) Scotty Rod Holders
    Bimini Top (possibly w/side curtains?)
    Skeeter Cover
    Snap In Carpet
    Goodyear Endurance Tires
    Upgraded Tandem Skeeter Trailer
    Cover for 250 Yamaha
    Ladder on Front of Trailer for Launching/Loading
    Tow Tector and Ball/Draw Bar
    Hamby’s Keel Guard

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20220316_173448-scaled.jpg

Joe033

I’d say 35-40k closer to 35 for a good buddy and start at 45k if listing it

B-man

It’s worth a lot more than that, but I’m not exactly sure what yet.

Like I said before, in a normal situation I’d just list it high and let the market tell me, but I’m trying to get a starting point for my other buddy instead.

If she would sell it for $45k I’d be buying it for myself in a heartbeat lol

jeff becker

I found a few WX 2060 boats for sale in the 2014 year with far less options priced from $46,000 to $49,000. I would not be afraid to list it for $55,000 or so You can always go down

eyeguy507
    SE MN

first impression says 55-65k but i have not been boat shopping in 3 years. start it at 65k and see what happens? maybe you get too many offers and need to re think the market? whatever you do, do not go by any NADA market price. nice rig and it shouldn’t take long to sell it.

mnfisherman18

Anything below $55,000 would be a steal on this. I am thinking list price could be around $64,000 and an offer to/from your buddy of around $60,000 is reasonable.

Jason

I agree with mnfisherman18’s pricing.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve been boat hunting for a while. This high number is about 20k low. I’d list at 60. But if she sells for 30 I have cash in hand

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

IMO, your greater responsibility is to your friends widow, rather than your buddy. If anything, he should be grateful that he may be given an inside-track to purchase before the rig gets offered to the public. Is he REALLY serious, does he have $$$ in-hand, or does he need to go find financing and convince a wife?

I think the $55K number mentioned earlier is fair for both, for a quick, no-drama sale with minimal effort on her part. If he thinks that’s over-paying, he can go find a different rig to buy.

HRG

David Blais

I’d offer it to your buddy for $60k. If he didn’t bite list it for $65k and go from there. My guess is it would be gone in a week

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Sweet rig. Worth all of $50k with probably half those goodies

ganderpike
    Alexandria

$60K and it’ll be gone in a week.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Shoot Dean a Private Message. He has his finger on the boat market.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That is a nice boat for sure.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

I will write her a check for $50k right now. I’ve been looking and have came across similar boats. I think right in that $60-64k range and it will move fast.

The offer for $50k still stands though….

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I was thinking this would be a 60k boat no problem. Even that year seems to be going for around that range fully loaded. I think around $50k would be a sweet spot for your buddy but I think you could probably get the $60k on the regular market.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

IMO, your greater responsibility is to your friends widow, rather than your buddy. If anything, he should be grateful that he may be given an inside-track to purchase before the rig gets offered to the public. Is he REALLY serious, does he have $$$ in-hand, or does he need to go find financing and convince a wife?

HRG

Agree totally I would start the boat on the market high as you said if someone is a taker tell your buddy if he can meet that price then sell it to him.

Smellson

$60k minimum….But I’m guessing it would go for $65k+ depending on hrs on the big motor. Shes a beaut

AnotherFisherman

I’ll be in the market for one of these in a year or two, so I’ve been following the used Skeeter market pretty closely. This is around that $65K easily IMO.

CaptainMusky

Sorry for the loss and that is a beautiful boat with a TON of upgrades. No way Id that that thing go for under 60k especially in this market.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If you want a fast sale, list at somewhere in the low $50k range and be ready for it to leave in the next couple days without negotiations.

If you are looking to squeeze more out of it or hear offers, I’d say to list it in the $60k – $62k range.

I think the $60k range is the cut off for a lot of people who are shopping for a real nice big water ready boat. Once you get above that number many people are willing to push out the payments for years with brand new boat financing and factory warranties. I’d personally want a warranty and the opportunity to rig the boat my way once throwing out that kind of cash, but to each their own.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

i’m sorry for the loss of your friend. anytime someone’s retirement dream boat has to be sold is a sad day indeed. that’s also what makes it hard to separate out the emotion from the business transaction in these kinds of situations.

what does SHE want? to move it quickly, or to get every possible dollar?
    if you list it at $59,900 you’ll get enough interest to settle on a price for a reasonably quick sale. at $60k and over for a 2014 you’ll limit your pool of potential buyers regardless of how well it’s rigged.

and fwiw, if you list it on a for sale site i’d let the boat stand on its own merits without including the backstory.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

First take all the emotions out of the equation. It’s not your boat and the widow needs the money/it sold. All you can do is field reasonable offers and she makes the final deal.

I personally don’t put much value on accessories on a boat. First you don’t know how they were installed and often they are not set up the way you would do it. Rework sucks and is more work than doing yourself the first time.

I’m looking a 2019’s listed at 67-68k. This is a 2014. Now way would I pay that much. Buddy bought similar boat with rigging that was a 2015 for 46 then had buyers remorse because he found another 2015 in the color he wanted for less. Pricing is so freaking stupid right now. Enough people willing to grossly over pay. No doubt if it’s listed high, someone will bite. If it’s reasonably priced, it will go fast. I personally wouldn’t pay over low 40’s and would gladly walk away and let someone else get sucked into it

Adam Steffes

I am with the majority above. I just sold a similar boat with far fewer goodies for mid 50’s. This boat is mid 60’s all day and you will get offers in days. I would list for 64-66k and go from there.

Adam Steffes

I should say that if you list for what its worth, expect a guy by the name Keep Paddling to come along and poop all over your listing.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I should say that if you list for what its worth, expect a guy by the name Keep Paddling to come along and poop all over your listing.

He sure did. I’m glad you won that battle

mojogunter

The only thing that may factor are the riggers and trees. Chances are most buyers don’t want those things. If it were your boat and sold that separate you would make more money. Being it isn’t your boat you may not be able to factor the cost of that stuff in to the selling price.

duh queen

About twice what I paid for my house back in the day.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.