What's for supper?

• Jimmy Jones

I do chuck roasts in the smoker. I like the roasts hat are between 2-1/4″ and 2-1/2″ thick. The night before, I sprinkle Adolfs Meat Tenderizer on the roast, both sides, then use my Jaccard on both sides. I slip the meat in a gallon sized zip-lock and put it in the fridge for the night, then take it out and leave it on the counter top in the bag until its almost room temp, usually about 10am if I take it out of the fridge at 7-7:30am. I get the smoker going and making smoke and put the meat on the top rack at about 170 degrees. I put the temp probe in and take the meat out when it has hit 155 degrees. I wrap it in foil and wait an hour, then its ready to dine at just about a perfect medium rare.

walleyesforme

We do ours a little different. I coat it in the meat church holy gospel seasoning and put it in the pellet grill at 250 until it stalls at about 165. We usually go fishing while this takes place but I’d guess it’s like 4 hours. Then I wrap it in tin foil with some butter on top and put it back on until it reaches about 205. It’s easy to tell when it’s done because when you stick a thermometer in it it’s like it’s soft butter. Our favorite way to eat it is the next day after it’s cold, slice it thin on the meat slicer and make French dips. It’s so good!

Jimmy Jones

I have twp racks of Baby Backs in the smoker at the moment. One rack for Ma and I and the other for the stepson and his wife.

walleyesforme

We are going to do the walleye egg rolls during the game. I’m a pretty picky eater so I was a little nervous trying something different but it’s quickly became our favorite way to get rid of fish.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I have twp racks of Baby Backs in the smoker at the moment. One rack for Ma and I and the other for the stepson and his wife.

Got the same thing going here. 3-2-1 method.

FinickyFish

Seared the mallard breasts from yesterday’s hunt to snack on for the Vikes game. Little Martin County Pork Magic for seasoning then hot and fast in oil and butter towards the end to 125° then let it rest.

Attachments:
    1. 20240922_124723-scaled.jpg

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

On the home stretch!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_5132-scaled.jpeg

Sharon
    SE Metro

To welcome the first day of Fall today I made a creamy potato and hamburger soup! It’s delicious!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4352-scaled.jpeg

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

looks great!! bet it tastes good too!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I just made 5 filet mignon and twice baked potatoes. Steaks came off at 140 and rested for 10 minutes. They are delicious

Attachments:
    1. 20240922_182425-scaled.jpg

2. 20240922_182353-scaled.jpg

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

waytogo

perfect steak!!!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

9th Anniversary Dinner this weekend.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_8703-scaled.jpeg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

dang eating good………….they ALL look fantASTIC!!!!!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

To welcome the first day of Fall today I made a creamy potato and hamburger soup! It’s delicious!

Recipe please grin

picklerick
    Central WI

Been prepping for surgery recovery in two weeks lately. Got the camper closed up, boat is winterized and covered. Spent most of the weekend prepping food, since my wife doesn’t cook as well as I do. I made a huge batch of colcannon and portioned it all into pint size deli containers, and two gallons of beef stock from some bones I had in the freezer. I smoked a package of short ribs yesterday. Really tasty. After supper tonight, I’ll shred the rest and into the freezer. Tomorrow I’m either doing split pea or red lentil soup. Haven’t made up my mind yet.

Attachments:
    1. beef-ribs-scaled.jpg

Sharon
    SE Metro

Crockpot Potato & Hamburger Soup

Ingredients
    1 pound ground beef
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
    3 large carrots, sliced
    2 celery stalks, sliced
    4 cups chicken or beef broth
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 teaspoon dried parsley
    1 teaspoon paprika
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1 cup heavy cream
    2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    1 cup milk
    2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water (optional, for thickening)
    Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
    Extra shredded cheddar cheese (for garnish)

Instructions
    1. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent, about 5 minutes.
    2. Transfer the browned beef mixture to a crockpot. Add the diced potatoes, sliced carrots, and sliced celery.
    3. Pour in the chicken or beef broth. Add the dried thyme, dried parsley, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
    4. Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours, until the potatoes and vegetables are tender.
    5. Stir in the heavy cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and milk. If you prefer a thicker soup, add the cornstarch mixture and stir well. Continue to cook on low for an additional 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the soup is creamy.
    6. Serve with fresh chopped parsley, and extra shredded cheddar cheese if desired.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Tried the Meateater Pheasant Alfredo recipe and turned out really good.

Attachments:
    1. 20240923_194824-scaled.jpg

Sharon
    SE Metro

I hope you like it as much as we did! The original recipe calls for 4 large potatoes, but after adding 3 of them it was plenty of potatoes!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Been prepping for surgery recovery in two weeks lately. Got the camper closed up, boat is winterized and covered. Spent most of the weekend prepping food, since my wife doesn’t cook as well as I do. I made a huge batch of colcannon and portioned it all into pint size deli containers, and two gallons of beef stock from some bones I had in the freezer. I smoked a package of short ribs yesterday. Really tasty. After supper tonight, I’ll shred the rest and into the freezer. Tomorrow I’m either doing split pea or red lentil soup. Haven’t made up my mind yet.

good luck bud, speedy recovery!!!!!

make sure the wifey loosens the lid on the Miricle Whip jar!!!!! devil rotflol waytogo

Sharon
    SE Metro

I made brats on the grill for supper tonight. They turned out good and I think I’m getting better and better at this whole grilling thing!
    toast

Attachments:
    1. 1BB7E0A2-9F75-43E5-AB59-587B271D75EF.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Yeah, You nailed those!

JEREMY
    BP

Now you need to learn how to make homeade kraut and youll never eat that stuff again.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Oh kraut is up there with ketchup, just a horrible horrible punishment to eat, but those brats like delicious. They just need to be topped off with some beans diced onions and chopped jalapeños

ThunderLund78

I’m breaking my “No soup when it’s above 80 degrees” rule today and trying that Cheesy Hamburger soup because it sounds really good. Might as well make some sourdough grilled cheese sandwiches to go along with it!

KP
    Hudson, WI

I’m breaking my “No soup when it’s above 80 degrees” rule

I have a similar rule but wont be breaking it but I dont discriminate so go for it haha

ThunderLund78

I have a similar rule but wont be breaking it but I dont discriminate so go for it haha

The soup was great but the I’ll be saving the next batch for colder weather – couldn’t help but enjoy it a little less while wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I’m weird.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I’m weird.

Maybe, but I’m with you on the soup thing. I usually wait until its cooler out to make soup. Will sometimes make it during the summer. Not opposed to ordering it when I’m out though, usually while sitting in AC.

walleyesforme

Did a rack of ribs on the pellet grill tonight. Been using the meat church seasonings lately and am way impressed by them. We’ve got 3 different ones now and they are all crazy good.

Attachments:
    1. CA61ABA4-EE2F-4FCC-93A9-50AE75477AFD-scaled.jpeg

Viewing 30 posts - 3,091 through 3,120 (of 3,147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.