What's for supper?

• John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Cheese-stuffed, bacon-wrapped, hickory smoked meatloaf. Best meatloaf I’ve ever made by a LONG shot!

Sounds amazing Thunder. Have a recipe you could share?

ThunderLund78

Sounds amazing Thunder. Have a recipe you could share?

For the meat mixture I used this recipe minus whatever seasoning mix they were trying to sell, but that seasoning mix went on-top of the loaf, not in mix – and this recipe is not bacon-wrapped, so I figured my bacon would take the place of any seasoning on the outside. I also didn’t do the glaze in this recipe and just used BBQ sauce. But this is a really good meat mix!

https://jesspryles.com/smoked-meatloaf-with-sweet-bbq-glaze/

Then, I just made an 8 strip x 8 strip bacon lattice on parchment paper (use regular cut bacon, NOT thick-cut), spread the meat out on-top of it, added 8oz of shredded cheddar and rolled it up. Smoked it with Hickory Pellets at 250 deg until I hit an internal temp of 155 (about 2 hrs). then I basted with BBQ sauce and let it go for another 15-20 min to caramelize. I let it rest uncovered for 15 min and sliced it up. SO good.

JEREMY
    BP

I love meatloaf but my old lady dont so the kids wont eat it cause she dont. Just like fish im guessing her parents couldnt cook it worth a crap so ruined her.

ThunderLund78

I love meatloaf but my old lady dont so the kids wont eat it cause she dont. Just like fish im guessing her parents couldnt cook it worth a crap so ruined her.

This recipe would be great meatloaf conversion therapy, Jeremy. I’m not a big standard meatloaf guy, either – but this falls into it’s own category.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

My SIL poted this on book of faces. Called pasta fagiili. I really like it, wife doesn’t frown

Attachments:
    1. 20240715_180219-scaled.jpg

picklerick
    Central WI

Got some belly cubed and rubbed up for pork belly burnt ends tonight. Bringing the rest to a potluck tomorrow night, unless some of them fall into my freezer for later.

Attachments:
    1. belly-scaled.jpg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

We did Chopped Italian Sammies last night, no pic but they were great! And even better for lunch today. Chop it all up, put it in a hoagie (I remove the guts) and off and running. We did about 2x this recipe.

Ingredients
    Hoagie Rolls
    2 cups Iceberg Lettuce (shredded)
    1 Large Tomato (sliced)
    6 Pepperoni (slices)
    6 Salami (slices)
    6 Ham (slices)
    4 Provolone Cheese (slices)
    4 American Cheese (slices)
    ½ cup Banana Peppers (sliced)
    ¼ cup Red Onions (sliced)
    Black Olives (sliced)
    Pickle Spears
    ½ cup Mayonnaise
    3 tablespoons Olive Oil
    3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
    1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
    ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
    ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
    ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
    ¼ teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
    ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper

ThunderLund78

Werm – THAT looks like a winner! And if you’re watching carbs like I’m trying to do right now, it looks like about the best chopped salad ever. I’m gonna give it a shot! About how many pickle spears?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

About how many pickle spears?

I think this recipe called for 2 (accidentally deleted it formatting). One thing I like is it doesn’t really matter, throw in whatever you like and eyeball it. Can’t really go wrong!

picklerick
    Central WI

This stuff is dangerously tasty. I’m glad I only make it about once or twice a year and always for a crowd or I’d eat pounds of it.

Attachments:
    1. pork-belly-scaled.jpg

2. porkbelly.jpg

haleysgold
    SE MN

Pickle – They look really good!

Do you make them as opposed to bacon out of the pork bellies?
    Did you just use your favorite rub on them, nothing else?

picklerick
    Central WI

Yes. Just cube up a belly, toss it in your favorite rub and into the smoker until tender. Took about 3.5hrs at 235-250*. Honestly, just salt and pepper or even just salt would be great. Before I bring them to the potluck, I’ll toss them in sauce or sprinkle the top with honey or brown sugar then reheat in the grill or oven to get a nice glaze on the outside.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Grilled pork steaks and the fixins.

Attachments:
    1. 20240721_180306.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Pulled out all the stops tonight.

Attachments:
    1. 20240723_180914-scaled.jpg

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Both meals look solid Glenn. Love me some pork steak. Are those sausages in the pot bologna or kielbasa?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

venison hot dogs!!!!!! made by Plantenbergs in Richmond!!!! waytogo

Sharon
    SE Metro

Made some BBQ boneless porkchops on the grill last night! My first time slathering BBQ on chops while they’re still on the grill and they’re turned out great! waytogo

Attachments:
    1. 20240723_180248-scaled.jpg

Sharon
    SE Metro

Last night I made bacon-wrapped stuffed chicken breasts on the grill for supper! John won these at a local charity’s fundraiser meat raffle over the weekend and they were delicious! waytogo toast I need to remember to buy more charcoal soon since I’ve been grilling much more often!

Attachments:
    1. bacon-wrapped-stuff-chicken.jpg

picklerick
    Central WI

I rubbed up some wings with Plowboy’s Yardbird rub and did them indirect with some pecan chunks and Kingsford last night. Crisped up the skin over direct heat for a couple minutes at the end and charred a few hot peppers from the garden. Good eating.

Attachments:
    1. wings2-scaled.jpg

2. wings-scaled.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I rubbed up some wings with Plowboy’s Yardbird rub and did them indirect with some pecan chunks and Kingsford last night. Crisped up the skin over direct heat for a couple minutes at the end and charred a few hot peppers from the garden. Good eating.

i’d like a new mailman!!! coffee

my invite never gets here!!!!!!! doah rotflol rotflol

picklerick
    Central WI

It does make me wonder if Miracle Whip pairs well with blue cheese. Since Sharon is the Social Director of IDO, and a newly christened grill master, I’d be willing to come out that way for a BBQ. Have Weber Smokey Mountain will travel. Gotta wait for it to cool down some. Nobody wants to eat after watching me sweat like a pig while making their food.

Sharon
    SE Metro

It’s definitely been too long since we’ve had a get together! Maybe a park this fall and we can grill! toast

glenn57
    cold spring mn

First BLT’s of the season! waytogo

Attachments:
    1. 20240731_181005-scaled.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

WTF – Is that salad dressing doing in the background? Is that just a paperweight?
    Seriously, I’m very jealous.

Brad Dimond

Now that it’s BLT season my wife is trying to kill me. BLTs three times a week, including tonight, fighting to keep my cholesterol down. Gilbertson Farm bacon from Clear Lake WI (bought at the St. Paul Farmers Market, Big Beef tomatoes from the garden and Sun Street Breads sourdough.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

WTF – Is that salad dressing doing in the background? Is that just a paperweight?
    Seriously, I’m very jealous.

rotflol rotflol love me some MW!.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Chicken patties. waytogo

Attachments:
    1. 20240801_180447.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 3,001 through 3,030 (of 3,085 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.