What TUCR rod for tumbler spoons and rippin raps?

• Tyler Smith
    Allegan MI

I’m sure this topic has been covered before but I am looking to get a new TUCR. Curious on what people think is the best in the line up for small Tumbler/Tingler spoons and size 3 and 4 Rippin raps. I will mainly be using this rod for perch.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Their website has a graph. It has been shared and discussed on this forum close to 1000 times. do a quick search and you will find your answer

Dan Baker

The Fusion or the Precision are the best match for what you described.
    Dan

404 ERROR
    MN

Precision gets my vote. Spoons and #4’s are fine with 6# or so line, but #3 raps really need light line to get such a small bait working properly (3# or less…).

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

I use the QT for #3 Rippin Raps and 1/16 tingler spoons and the Precision for #4 Rippin Raps and 1/8 Tingler spoon.

Tyler Smith
    Allegan MI

Yes I do realize they have a rod chart. However, the chart shows 3 possibly 4 rods that will do what I’m asking. My question is more to figure out what will do it the best. A chart can’t replace real life experience.

PmB

If u fish more panfish go bullwhip. Perch/ eyes precision. I haven’t fished it but sounds like fusion might be the happy medium. I never really liked my quick tip. 80% of the QT is backbone xxf action. Seems like a slower action rod keeps the hook pinned

Steve Gildersleeve

I’m sure this topic has been covered before but I am looking to get a new TUCR. Curious on what people think is the best in the line up for small Tumbler/Tingler spoons and size 3 and 4 Rippin raps. I will mainly be using this rod for perch.

You would love either the fusion or precision for this application. If I was targeting perch I would give the slight lean to the fusion.

phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

I got a precision for walleye raps and spoons.
    I want to get a bullwhip for perch and crappie. jigs, small spoons and raps

JT

Bullwhip!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.