What to replace Engel aerator with?

• Reef W

I just bought an Engel bait cooler and the aerator is a loud piece of crap. I’m considering just returning the whole thing but, if I keep it, I need a quieter aerator. What’s a good aerator that isn’t so loud?

Reef W

bought this one right away when I got my engel and have been using it since. Works great!

Thanks! I saw a youtube video comparing those two and it certainly is a lot quieter.

sktrwx2200

frabil aqualife whisper-quiet series for on the water.

http://www.frabill.com/open-water-fishing/aeration-bait-care/aeration/whisper-quiet-portable-aerator.html

Any thing is quieter than the engle. I got the frabil 110volt duel output and its awesome for over nights while on shore, between trips, or in the ice house. Very quiet. Works to 50 gallons so the minnows are crazy lively. They sell it in a DC hookup model too, might be worth a look and save money one buying D cells every 3 days.

Reef W

Thanks sktrwx2100, I’ll check that one out too.

It’s hard to spend too much on another aerator when the Engel is so expensive to begin with. I thought maybe I’d just make my own but there aren’t many small coolers with latches it seems.

This one wouldn’t save any money really but might work well, looks like you could stick the aerator in those straps and not have it handing off the side: http://www.stanley-pmi.com/store/stanley/en_US/pd/ThemeID.39334800/productID.325306100

404 ERROR
    MN

I’ve been a fan of the Frabill aerators. I have a plug-in one and a battery one. The plug-in style is whisper quiet. I also have the one Ny suggested, picked it up when I went to ML a few years ago and forgot my other. It works pretty good and is also quiet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.