What time do you get out Saturday?

• J Wallace

just getting a FYI of when you plan on getting on the water saturday morning. I have never been one for midnight (ok, once in 82)… many of times in my younger days the crack of 9 (too many JD’s & cokes), but these days hit it at 6. You?

deertracker

I have to work, but if I didn’t it would be midnight.
    DT

TMF89

I’ll be testing out my new 9.9 Pro Kicker’s cold-starting habits at midnight. Hopefully the eyes will still be in the mood for cranks despite the slight front.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

If I absolutely positively need to have fish to eat I’ll get up at the crack of dawn and hit the grocery store. wink If I want to fish and relax and enjoy the day i’ll hit the water when I get around to it. Seldom later then 11.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

We go to bed around 4:30am so it’s tough but we are usually on the water before 7:00am. It makes for a short night but it sure is fun! toast

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Stroke of midnight from shore. May or may not fish till dawn.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I used to fish right at midnight when I was younger and had more motivation (and could get someone to go with). We’d launch around 11:30pm and get on our spot before 12 so we could drop our lines right in the water at legal time. Some years were good, some were great, some were awful. We always fished with a lighted bobber and a leech. We’d fish until about 5am when we could see the early morning light from the sun just starting to come up. The ride home was the worst as I used to live about 45 minutes away. I am re-thinking my strategy this time though, it looks BITTER cold.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Did the midnight start for years. This year will be getting on the water around 6am. Have a few days off next week, so plenty of time to fish!

Looking cold, but low winds and no rain!

-J.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

5-6am but never on opener, always weekend after opener.

Deuces

Hopefully my crankbaits is in the air at 11:59:59 on Friday night.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.