What is your once in a lifetime dream trip – Hunting or Fishing

• Reef W

I’d like to try Chukar hunting out west. Probably be once in a lifetime because I’d realize I like just driving up to a nice flat WMA for some pheasant more.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

If modern dreams could come true, I would like to go fishing with everyone I have met here anywhere they wanted to go.
    Simple as that

If I am lucky enough to make the list this sounds good to me.

E4mo

A trip like this one, in the Amazon, would do it for me.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Ever since I was young my dream trip has always been a Bighorn or Dall sheep hunt. The problem is that point creep is so bad out west that buying points now I MAY get to draw a tag before I’m physically unable to actually make the hunt.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

A trip like this one, in the Amazon, would do it for me.

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe loading=”lazy” title=”A Week in the Amazon – FILM” width=”850″ height=”478″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/RanralurejQ?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></div>

Yep. There is mine right there.

Snake ii’s

Hunting for:
    – Psuedocerastes urarachnoides
    – Lachesis muta
    – Crotalus lannomi
    – Protobothrops mangshanensis
    + catch and release of each of course.

Fishing for:
    – Hucho taimen – Tibetan trout
    – Salminus brasiliensis – golden dorado
    – Arapiama
    + catch and release.

brandmoney

Honestly just a free May-June where I could tow a boat around the whole state and see what it has to offer. No structure or anything, just spending the night wherever. There’s a lot of lakes and rivers in Minnesota that I can’t get to due to school, and spring would probably be the best fishing.

JEREMY
    BP

I must be simpler than most. Although the canada sight fishing big northerns would be awesome I wish I could just take my kids out locally and catch fish like when I was a kid with my dad. Maybe the north shore with my dad if the steelhead were big like 30 years ago.

Deuces

Not where, but with who.

Only one person on my list.

Attachments:
    1. L5SFRLfz_400x4002.jpg

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Honestly just a free May-June where I could tow a boat around the whole state and see what it has to offer.

Worthy goal! Still drive by lakes I keep saying to myself – self, I need to stop there and fish that lake!

Ever since I read an story in Boys Life magazine back in the 70’s, I have always wanted to boat the Miss down to the gulf. Just me and my dog in my jon boat.

-J.

3Rivers

Most everything domestic seems like it’s pretty much within my reach, so I have to say that the Amazon is top dog when it comes to my dreams. Huge Peacock Bass, Piranha, and Vampire fish for the morning and then slithering my way into the jungle backwaters to chase some monster arapaimas, all while dodging the local caiman and then plunking a random Tapir for dinner and finally settling in for an evening of Redtail cats.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The older I get, the more I’d emphasize the trip being on who was with…versus where we went.

If I could get all of my buddies my age back together for a shindig (think Bachelor Party 2.0 but in the wilderness), I’d love to be in an Ontario cabin for 4-5 days with no phones or internet. A few cases of good beer, a few liters of top shelf bourbon, mixed in with some thick ribeye steaks and fresh eater walleyes to complete a trip I’d never forget.

If I could create a fictional trip, I’d meet my grandpa down at the local dock and just bobber fish for crappies. It was his favorite pastime as he got older to get away from the world. No extravagant budget, equipment, or travel would be required.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Brazil for trophy peacock bass, Mexico for double digit largemouth, or FL for trophy tarpon.

keppenhiemer
    (507) MN

Hunting- AK moose hunt

Fishing- Peacock bass on the amazon river on one of them week long paddle wheeler hotel trips

Ryan Walker

Actually got to go on it three times late 90’s early 00’s. Nueltin lake lodge, Nueltin Narrows outcamp. Lake trout, pike, grayling. Great food, great friends, great camp management. I was young and would love to do it again, but it’s closed and up for sale maybe. Some great times with some of my favorite people. We’ve lost a couple of the older guys from that group but man those trips were so important to me. Would do about anything to go one more time

MX1825

Not where, but with who.

Only one person on my list.

Are you planning on fishing or hunting with her? You’re either blind or crazy. Neither of those activities entered my mind. wink

MnPat1

I wouldn’t call any trip once in a lifetime. I took my first dream trip to Costa Rica fishing in 2004. I just got back Sunday from my 15th trip there.
    Papa New Guinea for black bass, gt’s, and dogtooth tuna is tops on my list.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I yave already done my trip twice with my wife. Our place is fishing in Alaska, we have done Halibut, Kings, a flyout trip for Silvers, a days limit of Reds, Canyon Preserve trout trip, love our trips up there. We will be back in a few years but I think we will have to take the kids along next time….that trip will cost a bit more but it will be worth it.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Been a few years since this post. Lets see if any of you have done their dream trip, lets see if any of your dream trips have changed, lets hear from those of you who missed the original post.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Marco Polo sheep hunt in Tajikistan .

I know someone that did this one.

I haven’t really even thought about any of the one’s I listed 4 years ago (except Rocky Mtn Elk a little, but no hunt planned), but I’m a few years from my boys being able to join me. So maybe that’s how I attack it.

Bass-n-Eyes
    Maplewood & Crane Lake, MN

I have mine booked this fall. Asked my daughter what she wanted for a high school graduation present and she said she wanted to go elk hunting. Doing a guided/outfitted trip to New Mexico in October.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Would love to do a Archery Moose Hunt in Northern Manitoba… but as each year passes… a rifle seems more realistic ! Someday ! grin

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Peacock bass in the Amazon – an all inclusive type of trip.

DIY trips I’ll likely do in the next few years:
    Shallow Pike in Sask or Manitoba

Chukars and huns in hells canyon – something I could see myself doing annually when I have multiple dogs.

Arctic char in the far north tribs – not sure how much you can DIY this trip.

Spawning brook trout when they’re all colored up in the fall in the Hudson Bay tribs

jwellsy

Both of my dream trips would be in New Zealand.
    Fly fishing for trout,
    and Red Stag hunting.

Jason

I want to do Argentina waterfowl sooner than later just to see how it compares to Canada.

robby
    Quad Cities

South America, probably need to visit 2 countries. Dove hunt and Peacock bass. Will never happen.

Jimmy Jones

I’ve always wanted to catch a halibut and hopefully will do so in a couple weeks. Charter is booked so all that can get in the way is the weather.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Even though I have been before, I still dream of Scotland and Atlantic Salmon. The River Spey is the river of dreams, every pool is yet more perfect than the last, every rapid sparkles brighter.

I don’t claim any expertise or every passing proficiency, but casting the fly in the traditional Spey style with the big double handed rods is a joy in itself. Watching a good Speycaster is mesmerizing, the D loop has life of its own.

When evening closes and the setting Scottish sun filters through the trees on the West Bank, it’s like being captured and held in a Constable painting. It’s like fishing in a great cathedral, and because evening is the best time, a high-mass seriousness settles in. I find myself holding my breath as the fly comes tight. Every one could be THE one.

The only thing I know about Atlantic salmon fishing is that I’m always going to want just one more.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Been on a lot of planned out fishing trips over the years. Some were those dream trips that just didn’t work out well. Some were great. Looking back now, the best trips just happen. Come out of nowhere. Catch you by surprise and make you smile every time you think about them. toast

Hope to have a few more in my life. But as you get older, ya just never know…. Enjoy the time you have. You never get it back!

-J.

ThunderLund78

Fishing would be some lodge out of Central America like Panama or Costa Rica for billfish, rooster fish and maybe tuna.

Hunting would definitely have to be Alaska Moose.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.