What is your once in a lifetime dream trip – Hunting or Fishing

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

My fishing buddy’s daughter recently asked him what his dream trip is. Since he loves fishing for BIG pike he told her a trip to Wollaston Lake lodge in Northern Saskatchewan. Needless to say his daughter and him are now booked for a trip there this July. When I told my wife, she asked what my dream trip would be. I thought about it for awhile and said a trip to fish Peacock bass on the Rio Negro in the amazon in Brazil. Unlike my buddy this did not lead to a booked trip. Curious of what all of your dream trips would be.

Adam Steffes

I would like to fish the extreme north for huge trophy lake trout through the ice.

I would also get a kick out of beach fishing for sharks.

Justin riegel

My dream trip would be a guided Moose hunt With Jim Shockey at his camp in the Yukon.

If I had to pick a fishing trip it would down to Costa Rica for a few days of sport fishing.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Hunting – probably big game in Alaska or a Polar Bear hunt on the Beaufort Sea. Not really into the African hunting thing, although a safari would be fantastic someday.

Fishing – I’ve seen most episodes of River Monsters and a couple really caught my attention as something I would and could do someday: tarpon fishing in Central America and goliath grouper fishing in Northern Australia. I have tarpon fished in the Florida Keys and it is a fish I intend to tangle with again.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

A week in Alaska with Mr Steven rinela doing what ever it is he wants to guide for

CaptainMusky

A week in Alaska with Mr Steven rinela doing what ever it is he wants to guide for

That would be awesome! Love that show.

Justin riegel

His cabin in Alaska is sweet, I love the shows he does from there. Just filling the freezer with whatever the sea provides.

Jake Thelen
    Medford, MN

I’d like to do a fly-in trip in northern Ontario. Just bounce around to a bunch of little lakes and see what bites.

CaptainMusky

His cabin in Alaska is sweet, I love the shows he does from there. Just filling the freezer with whatever the sea provides.

That episode when he got run over by the moose was unreal.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Trophy wild Red Stag on the South island of New Zealand.

DIY Rocky Mountain Elk.

Canadian/Alaskan Moose.

Columbia River walleye.

White Sturgeon Fraser River.

South American Peacock Bass would be on the list as well.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

An Atlantic Salmon river in Labrador.

castle-rock-clown

Guided horseback remote camp hunting for trophy elk with my nephews.

Fishing would be a chasing tarpon in the Florida keys with my buddy Scott.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

After talking to Fred Dodge and his experience with a muzzleloader and taking the #2 Canadian moose, ya I’m in…..just don’t have 30k to pay for the outfitter, fees, royalties… and all the other bs he had to pay for.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Panama…TropicStar lodge for a week.

Homepage

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Great Slave
    My Dad always talked about but never made it. It would be in his honor.

buck-slayer

Pig hunting from a helicopter would be a gas but short lived. Moose or elk hunting but im to old for that. Catching big musky or northern for my fishing trip.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I might be one of the few lucky ones. Christmas Island 1200 miles SW of Hawaii was a dream fly fusing trip for me.

2016 I found out I had prostate cancer and decided to have it remove on that Christmas Eve day. Who knew how the surgery would go so I booked the trip. Two days in Hawaii to see Pearl Harbor, the off to Christmas Island for 7 days.

I would love to go back for another two weeks!!

Not all my photos but you’ll get the flavor of the island.

7 of the best, most unusual fishing days of my life!

Attachments:
    1. 1085DCBD-D135-4096-B221-A42A0B406177-scaled.jpeg

2. F5FEDC79-5A3C-42F8-8E86-CB35EF2ECEEE-scaled.jpeg

3. 966AFD5C-76E9-4519-842B-1D67CB37FE5B-scaled.jpeg

4. C02E419D-A838-4711-B2FE-FDBB3D23B9CB.jpeg

FryDog62

I hit one of those round number birthdays a couple days ago… had a gift offer to go to El Salto to catch DD largemouth. That would be my #1 trip, but I turned it down. I’d be afraid after that I’d lose my passion to fish around here… shock

castle-rock-clown

I might be one of the few lucky ones. Christmas Island 1200 miles SW of Hawaii was a dream fly fusing trip for me.

2016 I found out I had prostate cancer and decided to have it remove on that Christmas Eve day. Who knew how the surgery would go so I booked the trip. Two days in Hawaii to see Pearl Harbor, the off to Christmas Island for 7 days.

I would love to go back for another two weeks!!

Not all my photos but you’ll get the flavor of the island.

7 of the best, most unusual fishing days of my life!

Is it true they top Spam with a pineapple ring in Hawaii?

Michael Best

My dream hunt is an Alaskan peninsula Brown bear hunt with my Bow.

I have been kicking around a Caribou hunt on Adak island. There is a guy on Bowsite that advertises hunts for the island from a ship. Doesn’t sound to terribly expensive for an adventure like that.

Not really sure of any fishing trips that are on my bucket list.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Marco Polo sheep hunt in Tajikistan .

Timmy

As simple and silly as it sounds…mine involves a tent, boat, and a touch of wilderness. Could be isle royale, could be some remote bush lakes in Ontario we frequent, could be sturgeon fishing on the rainy for a “roughing it” weekend, but the common denominator is relaxing times with my son and friends…. I guess when I think about it, it makes me feel successful, since I do these trips already(frequently). Superior shoal this summer, if the schedule permits… that’ll be another bucket lister scratched off the list.

Gregg Gunter

Arctic Char in the far north.
    Polar Bear watch in Churchill.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Hunting – Alaska Moose with a bow. Been to AK 5 times. 2 for 3 on Caribou but 0 for 2 on Moose. Caught Halibut, Grayling, giant Rainbows and Artic Char too.

Fishing – Brook Trout on fly rod in God’s River, Manitoba.

blackbay

Since the question was once in a lifetime my list is:

Hunting – Alaskan Moose hunt, maybe a caribou hunt too.

Fishing – Fly-in trip for lake trout, big pike, grayling in NWT.

Nice Fella

Big Tarpon on a fly rod someplace tropical.

Cape Buffalo somewhere on the Dark Continent.

Iowaboy1

If dreams could come true I would like to go back to 1982 when my dad retired and he and my two brothers went on a fly in fishing trip to upper moose lake lodge in Canada, I didnt go and sure as hell regret it.

If modern dreams could come true, I would like to go fishing with everyone I have met here anywhere they wanted to go.
    Simple as that.

matthewkolden

Lake Winnipeg for big Greenbacks through the ice, fully guided trip. The wife and I are likely going to plan it for our 20th anniversary in 3 years.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.