What a Moron

• Snap

FYI, to all that complete missed the “crazy adventure” point of my post.

Obviously, I’m not saying this guy was going to change the world. But the human spirit, sense of adventure, and willingness and eagerness to attempt a crazy idea that drove him to do it has absolutely, positively, and repeatedly changed the world. We bemean and besmirch those qualities at our own peril.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

FYI, to all that complete missed the “crazy adventure” point of my post.

Obviously, I’m not saying this guy was going to change the world. But the human spirit, sense of adventure, and willingness and eagerness to attempt a crazy idea that drove him to do it has absolutely, positively, and repeatedly changed the world. We bemean and besmirch those qualities at our own peril.

It was illegal. What about that is so hard to understand?

Not to mention irresponsible. His ignorance is nothing to celebrate.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I agree for sure the guy was nuts. Like I stated earlier he probably was looking for likes on social media. That’s why most do irrational things these days.
    But I’ll also admit to doing quiet a few things the local authorities claim to be illegal. Cant let them make up every rule of life. Most laws are easy to follow and others not so much.
    Just let this guy take on some wicked fines and every one can sleep at night. And the rescue team made a good days paycheck

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

For the guys claiming its worry some because our tax money goes to save this dummy. It’s better then seeing it put in to the riches greedy pockets because they need a pay raise

Snap

This kind of response is equally disappointing. Like legality is the final word at which point we stop thinking or dreaming or acting. We must first ask if we are allowed to do something before we do it? Allowed? As if we are all children rather than free people. From who do you need permission? Are you not an adult capable of making your own decisions?

Any law, when examined at the fundamental level, is opinion backed up by force. Just like opinions, some are good, some really suck. Taken to the extreme the people hiding in attics from the Nazi’s were breaking the law. The people with shiny badges rounding them up were following the law. A quick review of history might indicate to the reader that if you’re looking to law to form your basis in ethical behavior you’re going to have a very bad time. Think for yourself. What is right, what is wrong.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Not to mention irresponsible. His ignorance is nothing to celebrate.
    [/quote]

I’ve had just about enough of your common sense perspective on this subject, Moron. wink

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

This kind of response is equally disappointing.

I dont think I wrote that

B-man

So the National Park Rangers are Nazi’s? jester

I’d be lying if I never heard that before mrgreen

Shame on them for not allowing fireworks, jet skies, live or dead bait, music or dogs on or around the island. Along with a plethora of other things.

This is Merica, who do they think they are?

When I go to Isle Royale I want to see wake boats and jet skis with the music cranked, full of drunk googans lighting off fireworks.

They can’t tell me what I can or cannot do. I’m my own person.

Let’s revolt!

Who’s with me?

Snap, you in?

Snap

So the National Park Rangers are Nazi’s?

Hello B-man, yeah sorry to confuse you. I’m not aware of any NP Rangers who identify as Nazis or even ascribe to the Nazi ideology, thank goodness.

However they do share one specific behavior; they both get paid to enforce the opinion of others using guns. Remember laws are like opinions, some are good, others really suck. Always think for yourself!

B-man

If you don’t like the rules Snap, I’d think you’d be better off living in a place like central America.

You should check it out. I hear it’s warm and beautiful there.

CaptainMusky

If you don’t like the rules Snap, I’d think you’d be better off living in a place like central America.

You should check it out. I hear it’s warm and beautiful there.

I had to chuckle when I read this and considering the latest current events the quote “send them back” came to mind! LOL

I dont think people are as concerned about the “sense of adventure” this guy had, it is the shear lack of preparation he had done and the fact his stunt was illegal in the first place. Comparing what he did and how ill-prepared he was to anyone like the Wright Bros or Columbus or whoever is ridiculous.

I cannot believe he didnt have a GPS on that jet ski. Screw a compass, mount any GPS on there and he likely would have been fine.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Yonkers! I ran out of poppcorn.

JEREMY
    BP

You guys all need something better to do. I don’t give a flying fornication about what that guy did, but somehow ninety percent of you act like you’ve never done anything stupid in your life.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Bottom line, this guy doesn’t deserve a pedestal but it makes for a good opportunity to talk about watercraft safety. I’m sorry if that offends people.

Well, not really.

So the National Park Rangers are Nazi’s? jester

I’d be lying if I never heard that before mrgreen

Shame on them for not allowing fireworks, jet skies, live or dead bait, music or dogs on or around the island. Along with a plethora of other things.

This is Merica, who do they think they are?

When I go to Isle Royale I want to see wake boats and jet skis with the music cranked, full of drunk googans lighting off fireworks.

They can’t tell me what I can or cannot do. I’m my own person.

Let’s revolt!

Who’s with me?

Snap, you in?

I’m in b-man. I’ll light the campfire. peace

B-man

Sounds like a plan sir waytogo

I know you’re good for it rotflol

THE SCRATCHA
    Letterkenny, ON

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Timmy wrote:</div>
    The guy is an ill-advised idiot that needlessly put himself in harms way – not because of bad circumstances, but because of foolish pride and bravado….. fist bump him all you want, it only appears foolish to most.

Anyone that’s made the crossing is likely to understand why this guy is a complete fool to be shunned, ridiculed, and rejected.

AGREED

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

He’s lucky to be alive. I would say he definitely learned his lesson though after a 16 hour boat ride, a flight to Toronto, flight back to Thunder Bay, and then a cab ride back to Grand Portage lol. He might have bit off more than he could chew with the old jet ski.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

And this sure seems like a good place to move on. coffee

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘What a Moron’ is closed to new replies.