What a future Livescope version will likely look like…

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I only ask because if I were going with Garmin I would be torn between the 9″ UHD and the 10″ ultra. While there is only 1″ of screen difference there is a huge difference in resolution. Still – you’re right 2X is a lot for that little bit of enhancement.

will you use it in a portable setup for ice fishing? If so, battery life is everything and the bigger screens eat alot more juice..

I get 14+ hours of Livescope with my 93UHD on a 18ah lithium battery. The bigger the battery, the more weight it is. My Livescope bundle weighs 20 lbs already..

JasonP
    Twin Cities

To Joe’s point – there doesn’t appear to be much difference in image quality despite the huge difference in resolution capability with the 12″.

Also, that dude doesn’t sound too impressed with the LS image on his $2500 head.

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

To Joe’s point – there doesn’t appear to be much difference in image quality despite the huge difference in resolution capability with the 12″.

Also, that dude doesn’t sound too impressed with the LS image on his $2500 head.

I am with you guys – I like the bigger screen but portability wise and some of the feedback on the Ultra has me leaning towards the UHD 93sv. Lot of time before next ice season, so hopefully will be able to get it dialed in and find a good deal.

JoeMX1825
    MN

my advice is to piece a kit together yourself buying online vs buying a Garmin bundle…

I also heard that Bassproshops and Cabelas will run another $599 sale on the Echomap 93UHD with the GT-54 transducer starting March 11th, get yours before they sell off quickly…

if you’re just looking for Livescope usage you can then sell the GT-54

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I’m sure these will be out of stock soon, but a heck of a deal for you Garmin guys! At our favorite big box store too.

Attachments:
    1. garmin.jpg

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

I’m sure these will be out of stock soon, but a heck of a deal for you Garmin guys! At our favorite big box store too.

Is this a current sale or a future Bass Pro/Cabelas sale?

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Joe Jarl wrote:</div>

Just received the flyer in the mail today. Date I see is 3/31/21.

uninc4709

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>grizzlyhackle wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Joe Jarl wrote:</div>

Just received the flyer in the mail today. Date I see is 3/31/21.

My flyer said 3/11/2021-3/17/2021. Weird there is a difference!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Last time they ran the deal I looked online and it said out of stock. I called reeds and they hooked me up and matched the price. Then a week later I was in Cabelas for other items and they had a whole pallet of them in the isle. I would check the store or call reeds and let them hook you up.

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

Last time they ran the deal I looked online and it said out of stock. I called reeds and they hooked me up and matched the price. Then a week later I was in Cabelas for other items and they had a whole pallet of them in the isle. I would check the store or call reeds and let them hook you up.

Good idea and thanks for the heads up John. I’m planning to be on top of this on Thursday hopefully haha. When you called Reeds did you have to provide a sales flier or something?

Question I thought of the other day – I know livescope 2.0 might be coming out in June at iCast and I would kinda like to see how that rolls before purchasing livescope 1.0…. but wondering how much of an upgrade it could possibly be? I guess my biggest question is will there be possibly a better alternative than running the UHD 93sv with the 2.0?

JoeMX1825
    MN

I would be more worried that Livescope 2.0 might not be compatible with the dated EchoMap series and Garmin makes folks upgrade to the higher level model for compatibility.

That’s typically how they phase out an older model series, make the latest and greatest tech no longer support it…

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>John Rasmussen wrote:</div>

Good idea and thanks for the heads up John. I’m planning to be on top of this on Thursday hopefully haha. When you called Reeds did you have to provide a sales flier or something?

Question I thought of the other day – I know livescope 2.0 might be coming out in June at iCast and I would kinda like to see how that rolls before purchasing livescope 1.0…. but wondering how much of an upgrade it could possibly be? I guess my biggest question is will there be possibly a better alternative than running the UHD 93sv with the 2.0?

I just called them and asked for the deal, I believe they had the same deal running at the time, though I did not see a flyer. I bet they would price match or will have a deal running shortly.

No clue on the 2.0 part of the deal. I worry that it may not work with it but no one really knows except them.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I can currently see the fins flapping on a Pike or a Muskie on the screen, what more do I need to see with Livescope 2.0 whenever it comes out? It will also likely cost substantially more than a 1.0 system and eat more battery power, not ideal for folks who use it remotely for ice fishing…

I’m sure it will have a few new bells & whistles the Garmin techs cut to fit into the 1.0 system launch timeframe and maybe even some other tech the competitors have (like a 360 degree fish location display grid) to help justify the price premium, but for those with 1.0 systems, you’ll be just fine whenever the new tech comes out…

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

Grabbed one of these finally this morning for $599, thanks for the heads up fellas. Long time until next ice season, so will slowly just piece this thing together.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Grabbed one of these finally this morning for $599, thanks for the heads up fellas. Long time until next ice season, so will slowly just piece this thing together.

congrats, the good thing is that you’ll likely be able to find clearance prices right now on the parts you’ll need to build your kit.

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

Im contemplating piecing this thing together, but worried about how much is going to change before they release the new version. Questions if you dudes have time to answer:

-What is the best battery to run with this? Dakota’s seem to be what most guys use, but they are more expensive. I have also been looking at the Amped outdoors 30a wide? This is the battery that seems to be used the most with the Summit Shuttles.

-Does Summit ever have sales? Just wondering if I should wait to see if they have any sales on their shuttle/accessories. Was planning on getting these:

Shuttle – https://summitfishingequipment.com/collections/summit-shuttles/products/garmin-livescope-shuttle

Shuttle Bag (L) – https://summitfishingequipment.com/collections/summit-shuttles/products/summit-shuttle-bag?variant=37527278190741

Pole/Mount – https://summitfishingequipment.com/collections/transducer-poles-arms-and-ice-mounts/products/transducer-pole-and-ice-mount-combo

My other question I guess pertains to what the new version could possibly entail? Do you think that the shuttle and accessories might not work with the new 2.0? Wouldnt want to get everything setup and just waiting for the livescope and then find out that everything I have wont be compatible.

Sorry for the long winded post, just been thinking a lot about this build lately. Thanks for your time/advice/help

JoeMX1825
    MN

I run an 18AH Amped Outdoors battery, I don’t need more than the 13-14 hours it powers it before i’m going to recharge it.

I’ve never seen Summit have sales, perhaps they do a spring clearance though?

The only changes I could see for a Livescope 2.0 would be the possible removal of the black box (to compete with HUmminbird) and perhaps it requires the next upper level of head units that the screens then start at 10″?

Summit pole is a no brainer as it should be future proof, the case and shuttle may/may not change with 2.0 for reasons I described. I like the Garmin Case and Shuttle personally…

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

Does anybody have any updates or heard anything else through the grapevine on the 2.0? I’ve kinda got it on the backburner at this point, but every once in a while the thought to check on any updates pops into my head. Hoping we hear something sooner than later…

Gary

I can currently see the fins flapping on a Pike or a Muskie on the screen, what more do I need to see with Livescope 2.0 whenever it comes out? It will also likely cost substantially more than a 1.0 system and eat more battery power, not ideal for folks who use it remotely for ice fishing…

I’m sure it will have a few new bells & whistles the Garmin techs cut to fit into the 1.0 system launch timeframe and maybe even some other tech the competitors have (like a 360 degree fish location display grid) to help justify the price premium, but for those with 1.0 systems, you’ll be just fine whenever the new tech comes out…

Agree with Joe. Unless this 2.0 lets me see fish in weeds or tight to rock I’m just fine with what I have.

FryDog62

I have Livescope and 360 and they are great technologies. The one thing I wonder about Flexview is how far out can you get that kind of detailed view? It looks like pretty close range. Granted Livescope doesn’t have that kind of resolution, but I can look out quite a ways. I usually have it set on 60-80 feet out.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I have Livescope and 360 and they are great technologies. The one thing I wonder about Flexview is how far out can you get that kind of detailed view? It looks like pretty close range. Granted Livescope doesn’t have that kind of resolution, but I can look out quite a ways. I usually have it set on 60-80 feet out.

that tech was developed for oil rig inspections so I would agree that the range isn’t very much…

JoeMX1825
    MN

I did find it interesting that it’s mentioned in the specs for the new Livescope Ice Fishing Bundle that the LVS32-IF transducer cable is silicon (likely to help remain pliable in the cold temps). This must be different from the regular LVS32 transducer cable? Mine sure don’t feel like silicon…

I also noticed it only comes with a 16.5 AH lithium battery, so expect to get around 8 hours of use before needing a recharge…

JoeMX1825
    MN

if it’s going to happen, it will happen at Icast2022 in Vegas in July…Livescope 1.0 is going on year 4 now, so I would think this will be the year for some type of improvement, epecially with Humminbird and Lowrance on Garmin’s toes…

My guess is it will be a smaller “HD” themed improvement (slightly improved resolution and reduced screen clutter) vs a full on 2.0 technology upgrade as a big update will likely require all new much more powerful head units across the board to run the new tech, in a covid world the past few years it was probably tough for Garmin to procure all the needed parts (circuits & chips) & labor together to build all new model lineups… just my guess…

One thing I would bet on is that it will be alot more expensive when 2.0 eventually is released. Livescope 1.0 broke alot of $ barriers for fishing electronics and everyone who forked over the $3k for 1.0 will gladly fork over $4k+ for a 2.0 model…

Viewing 26 posts - 31 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.