WEIRDEST THING YOU'VE CAUGHT OR SEEN CAUGHT

• Blue Crappie

I’ve also caught a pair of men’s X-large underwear on the St.Croix with a bonus brand-new #5 Shad Rap attached. Not my size underwear so that went in the trash at the landing. Also caught a life jacket in the weeds on Winnie with no “body” in it—………

lundojam

Jigging on the Rainy River I once caught a small bullhead with a BIG lamprey attached to it. Looked like a squid or something.
    Nets, anchors, rods, etc.too.

Kevin C

This “death by walleye” was found floating on the Willow Flowage in Hazlehurst, WI., by some friends during the 2016 fishing opener. It was a tad smelly at the time so they snapped a quick photo and threw it back. They figured the walleye was in the lower 20’s and the pike measured 38 inches.

Attachments:
    1. Pauly-Fish.jpg

BrianF

Lots of stuff besides fish caught over 43 years of fishing.

Years ago, a buddy hooked a cormorant on Mille Lacs while we were musky fishing off Hennepin Isl. We planned to unhook and release the thing, but the bird went subsurface and pulled so hard we could not stop or keep up with it on the trolling motor. Finally spooled him and broke off. The speed and power that bird had was amazing actually.

Hooked my young son in the ear lobe on my back-cast while fishing for bass with a spinnerbait. He had leaned over the front windshield unbeknownst to me. My forward motion with the cast set the hook into him. I felt miserable, but we removed the hook with no blood and little/no pain, then went back to fishing as if nothing had happened.

Brian

fishdale

Sunglasses
    Shirt with glasses wrapped inside
    Couple rods
    Gull
    Anchor with rope
    Anchor with no rope
    MY Brother
    My Sister

My nephew caught a Jar of skippy peanut butter

Catching the siblings was 30+ years ago so it is now safe to fish with me.

Watched my cousin fight a rock for 10 minutes all the time yelling I got the Money fish.

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

Fishing in Eau Claire where the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers meet caught a mud puppy once. Same spot on another outing I was reeling in to re cast and when I got my line out of the water there was a 4-5 inch muskie wrapped up in my night crawler. It’s one of only two muskies I have ever caught so I still thought it was cool despite the size haha. Have also caught beer cans, pants, a can of dinty moore beef stew (sadly it was opened and empty) and as a kid I caught my step dad up in Canada. Hooked him in the back of the head with a rapala, needless to say he was pretty pissed and I learned a valuable lesson about being more aware of my surroundings when casting in a boat.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

just caught a loon for the first time last week. Was able to release with no harm to bird.

Caught a limit of walleyes ones in a very small bay on a very very windy day on lake Sakakawea. We were just trying to take a break out of the wind and eat a sandwich but decided to throw the lines out an walla!

mann4ducks

my x- wife in the Sierra Nevadas with a dry fly in the leg. we were backpacking in CA on our honeymoon and I had walked out on a dead fallen tree in a high mountain lake and was fly fishing . well she followed me out, w/o my knowing it and on a back cast I heard a yell . being the considerate/caring new husband I did break out the forceps and walk back the tree to pull it out she said she could handle it herself. BTW was floating the CO river fly fishing this past weekend with streamers #2 articulating and a gust of wind caught it and it ended up in my neck, unfortunately my son had not pinched the barb so it was an interesting time working that hook out. but we had another 5 miles of river to catch Browns so we fished on

Nice Fella

Buddy of mine caught a pair of swim trunks – on a tip-up. He, too, thought he had the money fish, with not much fight.

boat
    SD

This was caught on the Missouri River near Akaska, SD. Turned it in to the police and they ended up saying it was most likely from a Native American burial ground.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3896.jpg

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Dad went fishing once when I was a kid and brought me home a new 10-speed bicycle he’d snagged into.

I once caught a northern with a plastic muskie bait still in it’s mouth.

The most entertaining thing I’ve ever witnessed was a guy who forgot to weight his Lindy Rig got his minnow picked up by one of those black wing tipped sea gull looking birds but they’re smaller. Anyway, it got hooked and I literally witnessed this guy reel a bird in from the sky! I laughed ’til I cried over that one.

Had a strange one this late summer and shared the video on the walleye forum but in case anyone missed it, here it is:

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Lots of interesting stories! Honestly? This has been one of the most entertaining threads to me in a long time, and a good change of pace amongst a lot of arguing on some matters. Must say, I think we have a winner with the human skull!!

Woodshed
    Elk River, MN

3 day weekend on Lake Vermilion last summer I brought in a total of, (1) 16″ walleye (1) rock. The rock had a little hole in it that my hook somehow found.

Attachments:
    1. Rock.jpg

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Watched my sister urine and moan about how heavy the anchor was, so I went up and started pulling up the anchor which for some reason was heavy has hell. Turns out the anchor snagged a ladder haha!!

Down on the croix catfishing I had a sturgeon rip a brand new rod with a brand new Abu Garcia reel out the back of the boat. I was furious watching it float away and then sink. I said screw it and tossed my line from the second rod back out to fish. Then instantly that rod went nuts. I happened to get the other rod with my hook. I pulled it back in happy as hell, fought the sturgeon on that rod again only to have my line snap. I didn’t care as I got the rod and reel back.

joemama
    North St Paul

I was fishing Lac Seul with my younger brother,,lots and lots of fish not much size. We started to talk big about picking up a wall hanger when back trolling out of 35 FOW IT hit..About a 6 foot stick with a 45% angle cut at it’s 3″ base. Every time I pulled it up off the bottom and into the current my rod went wild. My other brother and his boat stopped fish to come closer and watch the fight as I talked all kids of B.S. only to be completely embarrassed once I got the stick to the surface with younger brother standing next to me, net in hand, as I insisted ready to land my catch.. Still good for a laugh at family events…

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

I took 2 buddies of mine to the DSM river last summer trolling cranks up by the dam. One hooked into something big and the drag started screaming – big flatty I assume. I ran the motor trying to follow the fish upstream. After a 30 minute battle my buddy was still trying to fight the fish but we were no longer moving to stay on top of it. I would have said it was a snag to begin with except he needed a break and asked me to fight it for a bit – It was definitely a fish. I don’t know how or when but shortly after it turned into a big snag and we snapped the line.

Not a minute later while he was re-tying, I grabbed my rod and pitched a flicker shad to the rip rap… WHAM — Fish on. A few seconds later my rod jerked hard and line went slack. I could feel weight on the end but no more fight. A round object came to the suface. I reeled it in to find the head of a 5-7# channel cat with my flickershad still in it’s mouth – The body was missing from the gills down.

We still talk about that night in disbelief….

Other items……

Metal fence post
    Misc. clothes
    Rods and reels from bank fisherman (3 in one day)
    Cast net with a live walleye

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

This was caught on the Missouri River near Akaska, SD. Turned it in to the police and they ended up saying it was most likely from a Native American burial ground.

That’s crazy shock

George Aguilar

once caught a chupacabra and turned out to be a coyote..LOL

Grawler

Caught a teddy bear holding a heart that said i love you. I think it was the river finally talking back to me.

Caught an umbrella; that was not fun to bring in.

Caught a snake. Flipped a jig in the rocks and popped it out and a snake head stretched about 2′ with it. Cut that line faster than Bolt in the 100yd dash.

Hooked a rock. Not unusual; except this rock had a 2/16″ inch hole through it and my hook actually fit right in that hole. Odds of that??? Me beating Bolt in the 100yd dash. #nevergonnahappen

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.