Weighted Spear

• skyblaster
    Savage, MN

Hello. I am in search of a weighted spear fishing spear for a gift. A few years back there was an Amish group in the Little Falls, MN area that was making them and selling them in local sports shops. Would anybody happen to know if they are still maki these and if so where I could find one?

Thanks.

Jeff

skyblaster
    Savage, MN

Hey, Gary-

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to find a replacement for my father in law who lost his (I was involved in the losing incident). Attached is a picture that was just like his, not sure if this what you were thinking of making. I am going to try a little more and have a few other calls in out there to see if I can get my hands on one of the same. In the meantime, if you are able to make something just like this one, do you have an approx. cost?

Thanks.

Jeff

Attachments:
    1. thHHUE6URY.jpg

404 ERROR
    MN

There is an Amish group that makes a limited run of the exact spear. They sell exclusively to Cannon Tackle Supply. Most bait shops buy from Cannon Tackle and can get one on order for you (assuming they still have some). I purchased a Stainless Steel Amish spear through Cannon Tackle a couple years ago, it works great. Not too many spearing folks around anymore. I believe they’re in the ballpark of $150.

skyblaster
    Savage, MN

The price sounds about right from what I remember him saying. Thank you very much for the info. I will see what I can come up with. Thanks again.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I have that exact spear in my attic. I used it once. Great spear I just don’t do it anymore. Let me know if you’re interested.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20161227_223613_3341.jpg

2. IMG_20161227_222936_0871.jpg

skyblaster
    Savage, MN

Hey, Joe-

Sorry for the delay as I haven’t logged in for a few days. I believe that he may have found one this past weekend but I will confirm. If not, I will let you know.

Thanks.

Jeff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.