Weight savings with lite flight on 40v?

• Brian Shipka

Hey guys. Just ordered a strikemaster 40v with a 8” auger. Was wondering if anyone knows the weight savings if I put a lite flight on it for run and gunning.

Thanks

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I read that it’s roughly 3lbs off an auger that weighs 24lbs with standard components.

I’m thinking about upgrading, but that doesn’t seem like much.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

The sheer weight alone isn’t much. However to a motor that’s turning the auger, it means a lot.

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

It’s actually a very noticeable difference. I felt it big time when I used a lite flight for a day and then went back to the steel bit. It felt really heavy.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

It’s actually a very noticeable difference. I felt it big time when I used a lite flight for a day and then went back to the steel bit. It felt really heavy.

Good to know!

tucrs
    NW Metro

I wondering if it is a leverage thing. I am sure it is a lot lighter being all the weight is just in the head then.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

I received my 6” a few weeks ago can’t wait to compare it to my K Drill ! I’m old so I like lightweight !!

szopinski6

I switched from a Jiffy Propane to the 40V and that cut 11lbs and it was unreal how much of a difference it made on my motivation to punch more holes. So I would say another 3lbs would be all the better!

Shawn U

Backpackers look to to shave ounces or grams. I notice on a day hike that half a pound to a pound makes a big difference in my day. I picked up an 8″ steel and an 8″ light-Flite in the store and it was noticeable.

James Davey

can you put a lite flight on an ION head?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

can you put a lite flight on an ION head?

Ion has there own green version that comes on the Gen 2 auger.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.