Wave wackers

• grizzly
    nebraska

Anyone put wave wackers on the 238 or do you think they are needed.

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

I ALWAYS put them on my 208s, I can’t imagine being without them.

I guess it depends on how you use your boat, but I can’t see why the 238 would be any different.

Waxy

Riverrat

“Hey wait a minute, ain’t you them kids that have been whackin’ off in my tool shed?” Tom Anderson.

Ripjiggen

Why would you need them unless you are back trolling. Which I can’t imagine why you would need or want to do that in 238.

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

Why would you need them unless you are back trolling. Which I can’t imagine why you would need or want to do that in 238.

You definitely don’t have to be back trolling to see a benefit. (But they are awesome in that application, and I do LOVE my Vantage.)

If you’re using your boat in the rough stuff, which I sure hope you are if you’re running a 238 lol, they make a big difference in how much water you’re going to take over the stern when you’re drifting, landing a fish, or even when trolling with the waves.

If you’re like me, and you like to fish from the back platform, you WILL have waves wash over the back of the boat if it’s rough enough, especially with another guy or two in the cockpit area. At the very least, you will get splashed and probably have wet feet, there’s always a rogue wave that hits at just the right angle…

With the Wave Wackers, it has to be pretty “western” before that’s an issue. They’re a must have in my world.

Waxy

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

“Hey wait a minute, ain’t you them kids that have been whackin’ off in my tool shed?” Tom Anderson.

Hahahaha.

Waxy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.