waterproofing spray

• chris

I use carhartt bibs and jacket when fishing and they are plenty warm until they get wet. Anyone know of some type of silicone spray or something similar to water proof the knees and butt area. Don’t really want to fork out the money for a ice fishing suit this year

riverruns
    Inactive

Good post! I’m interested as well.
    Shawn

AaronMoore

I did read somewhere about a guy who used silicone caulking on his bibs, also parafine wax melted and brushed on his bibs worked also.

nick roberts

You could try rustoleums neverwet. It works but will need reapplications. Works Great on your ice fishin boots .

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I use 3M outdoor Fabric Protector

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Or you could use a Tent sealer such as Camp Spray (spelling??)

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

could be really dumb or really genius but how about just cut out a patch of tarp and tape/glue however you want to apply it the area on your bibs you want waterproofed. would take about 10 seconds and im sure it would do the trick at least on the knees

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Nikwax is my main product waterproofing for years.

Here’s what I don’t know. This will make the fibers water resistant to absorption. Will it prevent water from passing through?

On Carharts the fabric may not be a tight enough weave or material which will allow water to pass through.

Keep in mind that the gaps I’m talking about are very small. Goretex measures these in microns. Either way, try it. For a few bucks it’s worth a shot. If it doesn’t work then crappie55369 is probably on the right track.

matt

I used some stuff from cabelas on my boots and a pair of shoes.The bottle said highest silicone content available and it was non aerosol which was nice,no fumes or worries of explosion.10$ for a pump style bottle,i have sprayed my boots and shoes multuple time each and still have half of a bottle left and it works very good.

joe-bauman
    Rochester, MN

I use camp dry or other silicone sprays one can get a fleet farm by the boot water proofing materials. I use it to spray my pants before the Pheasant hunting trip to ND as the fields are usually damp in mornings. This year however we had pooring rain for 5 hours and my pants were dry! I do this every year about a week before the season. Make sure you are oustdoors as ventilation is needed.

milemark_714

I use the Camp Dry on my POS Rocky blizzard stalkers.Water will seep through the seams if I don’t treat them.

chris

Bought some 3m spray but after reading your guys comments kind of think carhartt is to loose of a fabric to be waterproof. Better start saving going all out next year on my suit. I am trying to not bring the shack any more staying very mobile

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.