Heading to NoDak… Whats the report??

• dcolsen
    Linwood, MN

Well I am finally making a trip to North Dakota after some ducks. We are heading to the Lakota area and was wondering how thick the birds are ouit there and if i should load up the trailer with field or water dekes? What usually works best out there?

spd800
    NW Metro

HD, up here right now, not Lakota area, up by Minot. Seems to be alot of birds around but they’re spread out all over with all of the water. If I were you I would look for stubble fields or pea fields that they are feeding in and field hunt.

Good Luck

snowkid07
    Duluth,MN

HD, I am headed out to the same area tomorrow night. My brother is going to school in grand forks and already has a few field picked out for us so we are pumped. We are rolling in a green 4 door f-150, stop by and say hi if you see us. Good luck!

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

We always have our best, and most consistent, mallard hunts in fields. We haven’t hunted water in ND for years. There’s alot of water up there this year which had the birds spread out the first week of Oct. Less numbers of the large feeds this year, but alot of fields with birds. Not sure what the weather has been doing up there the last week n a half, but Im sure there are still good numbers there. Look for the wheat, barley, and pea fields ND is a blast! Have fun, and if its your first time up make sure you are not driving through winter wheat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.