Not a bad morning

• red_lab
    Winsted,MN

Went out this morning with very low hopes due to the fact yesterday we never had any shooting. For the most part all we had seen were sky high mallards and a few woodies so we opted to leave the diver dekes at home. Boy was that a mistake! This morning we saw 100+ ringnecks, bluebills, and canvasbacks. Again a ton of mallards that wouldnt look our way. We managed 2 woodies, a bluebill, ringneck, GWT, a beautiful drave gadwall, and 2 bull cans. Unfortunately the second can dove on us and was not recovered It seems we can never choose the right location or decoy deployment for the day. The divers looked hard at our 45 mallard spread but just would not finish. Hope you all are having success in the swamps and fields

spd800
    NW Metro

Beauty of a Gad……what’s that in the pic above it

lick

Looks like a great morning congrats

red_lab
    Winsted,MN

Just a towel. But looking at it I can see what your thinking.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Good job R-Lab,

I was out this morning and had one chance at one duck, and real nice drake woody. Very much more mature than the banded one I got last week. This one is going to be hanging on the wall My wife already asked, what wall?

red_lab
    Winsted,MN

So your gonna mount both? I have one mounted and rests on top of the headboard.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.