Noon Opener

• mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

We walk in for about a 1’2 mile, so the grill idea is pretty tough, as is any kind of chair to carry in.

It ain’t bad if the weather is OK. But sitting in the rain all that time blows.

I’ll still be out there, I just like to complain!!

Plus, I would like 9 am better. Then we could sit and shoot the bull AND blast Daffy if he flies in!!

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

One word comes to mind in describing the noon opener: gay.

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

One word comes to mind in describing the noon opener: gay.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’m assuming you meant it in this context defined by Webster’s Dictionary.

‘Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry.’

Is it safe to assume you’re all for it?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’m assuming you meant it in this context defined by Webster’s Dictionary.

‘Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry.’

Is it safe to assume you’re all for it?

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Darn it, why do you have to go and confuse me like that? You assumed way wrong.

Mark

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Darn it, why do you have to go and confuse me like that? You assumed way wrong.

Mark

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

i usually get out and grouse hunt and then stop back by the truck, drop off the lead shot and grab my steel and then pot hole jump closer to sunset. have ahd really good luck doing that. but who knows, i change my mind often when it comes to opener, I may just stay at home and lounge on the couch.

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

i usually get out and grouse hunt and then stop back by the truck, drop off the lead shot and grab my steel and then pot hole jump closer to sunset. have ahd really good luck doing that. but who knows, i change my mind often when it comes to opener, I may just stay at home and lounge on the couch.

shane

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

I see the noon opener as being more Tradition for some hunters. I see the same thing with Deer hunting too. There are fair weather hunters that anually get out for opener only and thats it. The noon opener drives me nuts when you’ve done the scouting, got there early, and then at 10 to 12 you have some guys paddle in, thinking there going to find a spot! Then will proceed to screw up others hunt looking for a place to set up. Theres nothing more fun than the early morning hunt, and being done by 7:30 am.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

I see the noon opener as being more Tradition for some hunters. I see the same thing with Deer hunting too. There are fair weather hunters that anually get out for opener only and thats it. The noon opener drives me nuts when you’ve done the scouting, got there early, and then at 10 to 12 you have some guys paddle in, thinking there going to find a spot! Then will proceed to screw up others hunt looking for a place to set up. Theres nothing more fun than the early morning hunt, and being done by 7:30 am.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

where i duck hunt at, no one, i mean no one hunts there at all. I don’t have to worry about messing anyones spot. but If i hunt down south, I am out in my spot by 6:00 am and usually no later. I try to be respectfull of the others on the water and will stop and lend a hand if they are lost trying to find their spots. I wish all of you the best of luck on opener, I am going to wait for about 3 weeks and let the fair weather hunters get it out of thier system before hitting the ducks and geese hard core.

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

where i duck hunt at, no one, i mean no one hunts there at all. I don’t have to worry about messing anyones spot. but If i hunt down south, I am out in my spot by 6:00 am and usually no later. I try to be respectfull of the others on the water and will stop and lend a hand if they are lost trying to find their spots. I wish all of you the best of luck on opener, I am going to wait for about 3 weeks and let the fair weather hunters get it out of thier system before hitting the ducks and geese hard core.

shane

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.