Saturday’s WI Hunt

• nittany_lion

We ended up with a very nice mixed bag of 14 ducks: 6 mallards, 3 gadwalls, 2 woodies, 2 greenwing teal, and 1 bluewing teal. The ducks definitely showed up during the 5 day closure last week. We had ducks everywhere before shooting time, especially in the decoys. Unfortunately, there was something about our spot, our spread, our camo, etc that prevented the birds from finishing. They would circle and circle and circle, always just out of range and then leave. The great thing about Saturday was that we finally saw the sun after 14+ days of clouds, snow, and rain!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us! You can sure tell the boys had a good time by looking at their smiles.

jeff_heeg
    Marshfield WI.

Now there’s a bunch that looked like they had a blast, almost makes you wish you were there also enjoying the hunt!

Great pictures and story thanks for sharing them

Jeff

lick

Great pics and congrats on a great hunt

I was thinking the weather has been great if you were a duck

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Thanks for sharing your hunt. Nice birds. Like you, I scratch my head to when the birds don’t want to come into the set up. I think my deeks look pretty ‘sexy’ and yet there must be something at times that keeps them backed off.
    Were you by any chance using a ‘spinner’, wind or motor driven? I have been noticing the spinner will bring them but they usually will not finish for me. Occasionally they will, but not often enough.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.