FAVORITE DUCK CALL

• TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

Just wondering whats your favorite duck call?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

“Here duck ,duck, duck!!”……sorry, just couldn’t resist.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

“Here duck ,duck, duck!!”……sorry, just couldn’t resist.

has
    Hudson, WI

I like the Big River calls. They’re easy to blow and sound great. I’m also a big fan of the Haydel double reed mallard call, sounds great right out-of-the-box. Both these calls are under $20 and work great.

has
    Hudson, WI

I like the Big River calls. They’re easy to blow and sound great. I’m also a big fan of the Haydel double reed mallard call, sounds great right out-of-the-box. Both these calls are under $20 and work great.

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Duck/Goose calls now we have a topic

My favorite duck call would have to be hands down the cheapo Sure Shot what are they $9.99 but work perfict!!!
    I have had very good luck with these calls, and drop it in the water — its 10 bucks so whatever
    Great call for the money

And Goose hunting there is no way around it GiliGanz Goose calls, Its bit more spendy $100.00 but worth it! Its like a musical instrument .

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Duck/Goose calls now we have a topic

My favorite duck call would have to be hands down the cheapo Sure Shot what are they $9.99 but work perfict!!!
    I have had very good luck with these calls, and drop it in the water — its 10 bucks so whatever
    Great call for the money

And Goose hunting there is no way around it GiliGanz Goose calls, Its bit more spendy $100.00 but worth it! Its like a musical instrument .

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

i love the sounds of the Rich-N-Tone calls. they’re a little spendy for me right now , but i’ve tried ’em out before and they are an absolutle breeze to blow.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

i love the sounds of the Rich-N-Tone calls. they’re a little spendy for me right now , but i’ve tried ’em out before and they are an absolutle breeze to blow.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

This is a tough tough one to answer, as the sound each guy likes is also kind of a preference deal. I love a deep, low, raspy call, but I also HATE too much high ball calling, and am more concerned with working the birds close to me.

For a cheaper call, I like the Lohman’s Sweet Talker. Nice quacks and chuckles, medium easy to get to sound good. My buddy has a Haydel’s Redleg call that sounds great, I bought one, and mine I hated. I tried to tune it to sound more like his, and ended up breaking it.

I LOVE the sounds of some of those Rich-N-Tone calls, but have not taken the plunge on a $100+ call yet.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

This is a tough tough one to answer, as the sound each guy likes is also kind of a preference deal. I love a deep, low, raspy call, but I also HATE too much high ball calling, and am more concerned with working the birds close to me.

For a cheaper call, I like the Lohman’s Sweet Talker. Nice quacks and chuckles, medium easy to get to sound good. My buddy has a Haydel’s Redleg call that sounds great, I bought one, and mine I hated. I tried to tune it to sound more like his, and ended up breaking it.

I LOVE the sounds of some of those Rich-N-Tone calls, but have not taken the plunge on a $100+ call yet.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I’m too cheap to buy the expensive calls so I use an Illusion call for the big water and a Buck Gardner signature for closer in calling.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I’m too cheap to buy the expensive calls so I use an Illusion call for the big water and a Buck Gardner signature for closer in calling.

Gator Hunter

killducky
    Fond du Lac, Wisconsin

I’ve personaly have found very good luck and love using Buck Gardners Double Nasty 2 or pretty much anything from H&S seems to work pretty alwsome every time!

killducky
    Fond du Lac, Wisconsin

I’ve personaly have found very good luck and love using Buck Gardners Double Nasty 2 or pretty much anything from H&S seems to work pretty alwsome every time!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I have the HS black ice. It sounds great and has two different tones. I think I only paid $20 for it, but it sounds like a $100 call. For geese, I picked up a cheap flute this year and I am trying to learn with that.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I have the HS black ice. It sounds great and has two different tones. I think I only paid $20 for it, but it sounds like a $100 call. For geese, I picked up a cheap flute this year and I am trying to learn with that.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

I like the big river calls as well. I have a 1950’s lohmanthat sounds great. If you can find an Alma Duck Call[made by Wally Scharr and sold by Abercrombie & Fitch]about 1 in 5 is a real gem but they are starting to get more expensive as the collecters are buying them up.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

I like the big river calls as well. I have a 1950’s lohmanthat sounds great. If you can find an Alma Duck Call[made by Wally Scharr and sold by Abercrombie & Fitch]about 1 in 5 is a real gem but they are starting to get more expensive as the collecters are buying them up.

jeffsedlmayr
    Wisconsin

i agree with killducky as i use buck gardner’s double reed double nasty call, this last weekend on the youth hunt it help put over 45 ducks in the boat. For geese i yelp a buck garder series goose flute, helped in bagging some geese for the young boys this weekend.

jeffsedlmayr
    Wisconsin

i agree with killducky as i use buck gardner’s double reed double nasty call, this last weekend on the youth hunt it help put over 45 ducks in the boat. For geese i yelp a buck garder series goose flute, helped in bagging some geese for the young boys this weekend.

flick
    Alma WI

you cant beat echo calls an big guys best…They are spendy calls…but you get what you pay for!

flick
    Alma WI

you cant beat echo calls an big guys best…They are spendy calls…but you get what you pay for!

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

Duck Commander calls can be deadly. As with any call, practice, practice, practice… and any call can sound good!

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

Duck Commander calls can be deadly. As with any call, practice, practice, practice… and any call can sound good!

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

HAVE 2 FAVORITES. A SURESHOT DOUBLE REED FOR CLUCKS,CHUCKS AND ANY OTHER CONTENTMENT/FEEDING TYPE CALL AND A CHICK MAJORS THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME FOR HIGHBALLING AND ANY LONGER DISTANCE CALLING. HAVEN’T USED THEM IN ABOUT 5 YEARS SO I DON’T KNOW IF I WOULD HAVE THE WIND POWER TO GET THAT MAJORS ROLLING. REALLY NICE TO SEE THIS DUCK HUNTING FORUM AS THAT WAS MY FIRST LOVE YEARS BACK.

GUNDY

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

HAVE 2 FAVORITES. A SURESHOT DOUBLE REED FOR CLUCKS,CHUCKS AND ANY OTHER CONTENTMENT/FEEDING TYPE CALL AND A CHICK MAJORS THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME FOR HIGHBALLING AND ANY LONGER DISTANCE CALLING. HAVEN’T USED THEM IN ABOUT 5 YEARS SO I DON’T KNOW IF I WOULD HAVE THE WIND POWER TO GET THAT MAJORS ROLLING. REALLY NICE TO SEE THIS DUCK HUNTING FORUM AS THAT WAS MY FIRST LOVE YEARS BACK.

GUNDY

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ve always been a cheap when it comes to my calls. $20.00 was a lot in my opinion. I do like the sound and ease of blowing the more expensive ones, but couldn’t justify the price when I’m able to call ducks with the cheapies.

One trick I’ve used for years is to drill holes in the end of the call holding the reed. This allows me to cover and un-cover the hole for multiple sounds. I saw a commercial the other day for one with a rotating handle that offers this functionality. I don’t remeber who is making it though.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ve always been a cheap when it comes to my calls. $20.00 was a lot in my opinion. I do like the sound and ease of blowing the more expensive ones, but couldn’t justify the price when I’m able to call ducks with the cheapies.

One trick I’ve used for years is to drill holes in the end of the call holding the reed. This allows me to cover and un-cover the hole for multiple sounds. I saw a commercial the other day for one with a rotating handle that offers this functionality. I don’t remeber who is making it though.

killducky
    Fond du Lac, Wisconsin

One important thing to remember by all of this is you can get just as many ducks with a cheap Walmart, Fleet Farm call as a high dollar on you buy from Gander Mountian. So good luck all and have a Kick ass duck hunting season!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.