Scouting this weekend

• mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

There is VERY limited water, the lowest I have seen in over 10 years. And the farther you get off the main channel, the worse it is.

The worst part was the lack of ducks. The last 4 years or so, on the same scouting run, we usually see probably 40 or 50 birds. Yesterday, ONE wood duck.

I hope they were all just holed up somewhere, or it is going to be pretty slow.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The youth duck hunt had to be a success. We talked to a few kids that had a blast(no pun intended) shootin’ ducks. The shooting was plentiful too. The marsh across from my house had action all morning Sat. Most of the kids we talked to had a limit. Mostly teal and some woodies.

I don’t envy you guys. It’s going to be rough with the low water and there are going to be LOTS of upset hunters. To make matters worse, pool 7 dropped about 4 inches over the weekend.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The youth duck hunt had to be a success. We talked to a few kids that had a blast(no pun intended) shootin’ ducks. The shooting was plentiful too. The marsh across from my house had action all morning Sat. Most of the kids we talked to had a limit. Mostly teal and some woodies.

I don’t envy you guys. It’s going to be rough with the low water and there are going to be LOTS of upset hunters. To make matters worse, pool 7 dropped about 4 inches over the weekend.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Isn’t the marsh across from your house refuge??

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Isn’t the marsh across from your house refuge??

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Only half. The “conveniently” left some to hunt. Please don’t get me started on that refuge subject.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Only half. The “conveniently” left some to hunt. Please don’t get me started on that refuge subject.

killducky
    Fond du Lac, Wisconsin

I personaly haven’t done to much scouting this year I’ve been way to busy for anything like that, but when I put my blind up last week in the Bay I bet you I seen around 250 ducks easy. But don’t get me wrong that is big water shooting and you will always have more birds, but I’ve been also seeing alot of birds on ponds this past week also!

killducky
    Fond du Lac, Wisconsin

I personaly haven’t done to much scouting this year I’ve been way to busy for anything like that, but when I put my blind up last week in the Bay I bet you I seen around 250 ducks easy. But don’t get me wrong that is big water shooting and you will always have more birds, but I’ve been also seeing alot of birds on ponds this past week also!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Of course, you guys were also WAY wetter than we were on the west side of the state this summer.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Of course, you guys were also WAY wetter than we were on the west side of the state this summer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.