Duluth area duck hunting

• snowkid07
    Duluth,MN

Hey I just transfered to UMD this year. I am new to the area and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to some good duck hunting areas. I dont have a boat and the dog had to stay home in the cities , but I do have some waders, so I cant hunt any big lakes or anything really deep, so it would have to be from the shore. Oh and if anyone knows a good spot to grouse hunt as well would be great. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, chris

rangerski
    North Metro

St Louis river is great but you have to hunt from the Wisc. side.

FishnFire

im not much of a duck hunter, but some of my buddies do good on island and fish lake. i have shot some ducks this year, but it was on private property. As far as grouse go, if you know where the jean duluth rd is, you take that all the way to the north end of it where it ends and it will T with normana rd. if you take a right, which would be east there is a ton of area down there if you travel 15 minutes down that road. there are a bunch of dirt roads that you can drive down with numerous walking/4wheeler trails branching off. just be careful this weekend since that area is hunted very heavily for deer. Also above island lake there is alot of country and people do good there too.

snowkid07
    Duluth,MN

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah I wont be grouse hunting this weekend, I will be heading to the cabin for some deer hunting. Yeah we have found some really good spots north of Island lake four grouse hunting. I will have to check out the place your talking about thanks guys!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.