buildings

• tigermusky
    St. Louis Park

Real nice Slab Seams it is harder and harder to find them in that range, unless you want to trek to Red.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Real nice Slab Seams it is harder and harder to find them in that range, unless you want to trek to Red.

I recently had someone from work tell me that the big crappies of red are gone and the walleye are on . Apparently crappie have a ten year life cycle and all the big crappies are no longer around on Red Lake . Not sure wether to believe it or not but at the end of Feb. when we go up there I will be able to tell you if that story is true or false

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The river system here actually holds quite a few of these slabs. Several years ago I caught one on Lake Onalaska that went 17 3/4″ That one should have went on the wall, but I set her free It may be a long time before I ever see one that big again, but it was neat to catch a crappie that big just once

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Way to go Buddy Wats Bret said to get a job
    Somebody tell Bret to get back to work – now he’s just like in the boat – P’ing & moaning about my reply. What next

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

You going to get out this weekend Mike? If you need me to stay in the middle to keep you guys civil, I can do that

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

If he didn’t type like a 3rd grader I would be able to leave him on his own

Nice fish buddy Wats

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Nice Pie Watts!

Jami

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Way to go Mike!

FDR

howler
    bagley wi.

smaders06

it seems like every time i look into ur posts you always hook into some good ones………..nice job Wats

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Thanks for the post Wats! Nice lookin slab!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Way to stay on em Wats
    Nice report

John Luebker

Wats I am trying to clear my schedule so we can get a couple times this year. Expect a call from me sometime

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Quote:

You going to get out this weekend Mike? If you need me to stay in the middle to keep you guys civil, I can do that

Thanks Wats you may need to I’m planning on Sunday morning wherever my buddy Bret is going. I need to get the rest of my “hard water” stuff ready to go.

Derek Hanson

There are still a lot of crappies in Red. I caught crappies from Red Lake last year every time I went. Obviously there are not as many as there once was, but there still in there and a lot tougher to find. Another thing is that there bigger now than they ever were, but there’s just fewer numbers of them. I also saw a few of some smaller class crappies in Red (9-10 inchers) which shows that there is some signs of reproduction still happening. You can’t expect to just drive up to Red and plop on a spot and catch crappies. Those days are over up there. You have to stay mobile and find them yourself, instead of letting the fish find you.

neshonoc
    Wisconsin

nice job wats.. I know i didnt have to much luck on sunday but cade got some nice ones along with justin… Keep slaughtering them.

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

nice fish keep gettin them…

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

what is the distance you need to be from buildings to hunt? I have a buddy that has 3 acres that butts up to the edge of a sod farm and he figures it it about 600 feet from the house. is that enough distance to be able to hunt?

Thanks-
    Broncs

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

thanks RR.

Broncs

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

500 feet Jeff.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

thanks “tom tom” (you should patent that )

how are the hunts going? pm me the late season rate if you would please or what you guys are thinking.

thanks-
    Broncs

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.